Phoenix Power 4.5 / 4.6 final drive......

Flying Bajan

Can anyone confirm or deny that these will work in a GT4 / alltrac gearbox ? Originally designed for the SW20 Mr2 of course.

Cheers,
Martin.

phattyduck

I re-used an ST205 final drive on an MR2 2WD differential when I rebuilt it for FWD use. It should work just fine.

-Charlie

phattyduck

Flying Bajan":1jf9vm6h said:
Splendid ! Cheers for that.... Now to find a rarer than rocking horse shite PP final drive :)
Its funny, because I have long been interested in the 3.6 final drive out of the '92-'94 Camry V6 E153... I spend so much time cruising on the freeway that lower rev's sounds good. :D

-Charlie

bozo-merlin

what "seriously short gearing" is ?

4.6FD is not shorter than 4th (-2mph) and 5th (+7mph) from V6 camry on 4.285, but you get the shortest 1st and 2nd which is not a good choice.

The longer 1st as you can, the shorter 5th, and good 2-3-4 arrangment is the key

Flying Bajan

That is why I will be using a C-One close ratio gearkit in conjunction with the PP final drive in stead of the stock 4.2ish FD from the GT4 :wink:

CMS-GT4

holy crap, stay away from them. One person mentioned in another thread they are going to get a fd done by the same people doing the lsds. Worth looking into.