Brembo big brake conversion

celi_wabbit

I bought the adapter kit a couple of months ago and decided it was time to buy the parts and convert. About 3 weeks ago I bout the Porsche brembo rotors for $320 shipped (got lucky bc I was patient). I just got done on grinding the pins and now it's time to paint it. Today I just received my Subaru DRT Cryo rotors, and here is the pics...................... :evil:

They are huge and heavy!!!

IMG_20111208_204820.jpg

IMG_20111208_204831.jpg

IMG_20111208_204803.jpg

celi_wabbit

88gt4DE":39eyd1qz said:
Well ... where are the pics of those calipers ???? ???? :p :D

Here it is... don't laugh, I'm not finish with the paint job yet! since you couldn't wait for the calipers pics being done. :D :D :D
I decided to test painting it b4 I trim down the pins. This is the reason why one is black and the other is red, and red red still needs more coat. I have to run to autozone and get some more high heat paint.

IMG_20111208_223504.jpg

IMG_20111208_223536.jpg

IMG_20111208_223530.jpg

toayoztan

celi_wabbit":2czxz72f said:
88gt4DE":2czxz72f said:
You mean porsche calipers and STI rotors ?

Porsche, Brembo, same thing!? :D :D :D :D

He was just referring to your post, in that you said "porsche brembo rotors instead of porsche brembo calipers."

Can't wait to see how it'll look all hooked up!

Bryan

celi_wabbit

toayoztan":2k7ew0jw said:
celi_wabbit":2k7ew0jw said:
88gt4DE":2k7ew0jw said:
You mean porsche calipers and STI rotors ?

Porsche, Brembo, same thing!? :D :D :D :D

He was just referring to your post, in that you said "porsche brembo rotors instead of porsche brembo calipers."

Can't wait to see how it'll look all hooked up!

Bryan

Got all excited and created a typo... :rofl:

celi_wabbit

88gt4DE":1tgelx4w said:
Dewd I would be excited too , so these calipers are suppose to bolt right to our hubs ?

Well, I bought the mounting kit like Dan. from what I see? two people have installed it and there isn't seem to be any issue.

88gt4DE

Dewd , maybe I should just do this cause I'm doing front brake upgrade next , instead of just going to the 185 setup like I was going to ... hmmm ... unless you want to sell me yer old 185 setup :wink: doubt you want to do that ... but if you do let me know 8)

celi_wabbit

88gt4DE":1xtpai0n said:
Dewd , maybe I should just do this cause I'm doing front brake upgrade next , instead of just going to the 185 setup like I was going to ... hmmm ... unless you want to sell me yer old 185 setup :wink: doubt you want to do that ... but if you do let me know 8)

are the st165 smaller than the st185 brakes?

88gt4DE

celi_wabbit":3bz59l30 said:
88gt4DE":3bz59l30 said:

I've always heard that they are :shrug: they suck dewd :lol: BTW what model are those calipers from ? ( If you posted it , sorry , I'm sick ... :( )

celi_wabbit

88gt4DE":26ng59wb said:
celi_wabbit":26ng59wb said:
88gt4DE":26ng59wb said:

I've always heard that they are :shrug: they suck dewd :lol: BTW what model are those calipers from ? ( If you posted it , sorry , I'm sick ... :( )

After the brembo calipers are installed and I know they work well? you can have my stock calipers if you want. The Brembo calipers came out of 99 Porsche 911.

88gt4DE

Kewl , sounds good , i can always do those and see if its better than what I have now and save up for bigger like you and dan got .... :smokes:

Pics? :D
Got my taxes n im spoiling the CRAP out of my baby
Gathering ideas for a brake conversion considering the winter destroyed the stockers :doh:
Your babys lookin sexy man are those te37s your rollin on?