ACPT C/F Driveshaft Group buy is a go!!!

gt4tified

mike325ci":lcl1o93b said:
i'm in the "eventually i will get it" camp.

see, i've just finished work on my car and it will be a while before i touch my car again, cos of time contraints and also because i'm a little tired of working on cars. but if a purchase of these were to happen now, i can do it and add the driveshaft to my stockpile of "parts gathered to be installed later...eventually" :)

Life's short, don't procrastinate! :p

1BADGT4

So after sitting for for two hours going through pg1-30, there's only one review? If I just spend $1000 on a part, that sucker wouldve been in the next available day. Come on guys, I got excited seeing pix at Page SIXTEEN - half way through the thread. I'm on the fence pending more reviews.

Or, Maybe I could get an oz of gold instead. :smokes:

etantshi

ha ha ha well I jumped on this when it was out at first because I knew it was such a great deal... just haven't had the car running... so thus no CF driveshaft install, and no review.

darthripley

last i checked an oz of gold hit $1200 or so ... should've considered buying when it was still under $1000 an oz.

at any rate, i'm happy to have the d/s installed on the car & what other people do with it is their own business.

d1alltrac

I want one of these sooo bad.

I was planning on buying a few other things first, but I'll try to get in on the next group buy if I can save a little. Or was this a GB only type of deal? Either way, I will buy one if I can. I'll just have to save space on my credit card so I'm ready when the time comes. :p

Has anyone tested it on a 165 yet? I just assumed it would fit because I always thought 165/185 driveshafts were interchangeable.

illGT4

I purchased mine after the (1st?) GB. Not sure what kind of review folks are after. You either know what you are buying or not.

Love mine.. no complaints here..

This forum hasn't changed much. Good to see some of the OG's are still around trying to educate people.

Peace-

Landon

hey man, i don't know anything about this group buy, but when i was at SEMA i talked to some people and found a shop that would make one. they seem very reputable and i believe it would be a pretty comparable price. This is the link http://www.driveshaftshop.com/
Mention that i talked to him at SEMA and he'll likely remember me. he might even be interested in doing a group buy sorta deal.

Sifu

James number is (714)895-5544 #220. Give them a call if you're interested. Because they have the dimensions it shouldn't be too hard for them to make again. I just don't know what they will charge. Also note that it may take a few calls to reach James. They are pretty busy and can be difficult to get a hold of.

As for the Driveshaft Shop I don't know what they will ask for the price. It might be worth asking but don't forget that ACPT has experience in our automobile. I'm sure the driveshaft shop will need a driveshaft and test fit for our vehicle.

codester

Hello everyone, I am in a bit of a predicament and I was hoping that someone here would be able to help. I recently contacted ACPT in an attempt to buy a composite drive shaft. They informed me that they no longer had any information on the All-Trac or any history of ever making a drive shaft. So my question is does any one still have the initial drawings from ACPT. Or if someone has it conveniently laying out on a table I think a measurement from u-joint to u-joint and the dia. would be almost as good. This would also help to keep this part available in the future. Thank you in advance for your help.

I am new here but any driveshaft shop can do this. I however use a 2 section shaft with center support bearing. That was recomended for rally. I had 2 shafts built for me here in New Jersey.

Corey

I contacted ACPT yesterday and talked to Ryan Clampitt over the phone. They still have the specs on our propshaft and they can still make them for us. He emailed me the blueprint sheet they have.

The price I was quoted is $875 each.

I'll be placing an order for mine in the next week.

Cheers

toayoztan

As far as I was aware, you can, it's just very very minimal clearance between the two...and depending on which 3" exhaust you have (pretty much aussie, motoria, or custom mp).

Bryan