1990 alltrac

hello every one
i just bought a new celica from online auction
she's still on the way from salvage yard in Kelowna
and when she comes to my place i'll give her a little buffing before i put her back on the road
maybe some one recognizes this one?
90celica-0.jpg

thanks man, but this one has 3' all the way.
i wonder why i didn't see any all trac's during Big White Snow rally and Snow-X in Kelowna?
only Subies and Audi. are You afraid of snow?? =o))
sentraman":686vo0rs said:
Good luck with saving the alltrac. Looks like a great project. If you are interested we have Group buy going for Mid-pipes.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=42599

pintoBC_3sgte

alexinvancouver":373s2xcy said:
i wonder why i didn't see any all trac's during Big White Snow rally and Snow-X in Kelowna?
sentraman":373s2xcy said:
Good luck with saving the alltrac. Looks like a great project. If you are interested we have Group buy going for Mid-pipes.

only a few tracs around the okanagan , but thats cool that you went up there. were you driving anything? or spectating?
heard a older subie smoked everyone :p

lol my celica's way tooo low for driving it in the snow, not to mention its fwd

no, i was driving 08 impreza 2,5i for snow-x and took 1st overall beating everyone including about 20 full blown rally cars.
(have to say street cars had 10 tries while rally cars had only 2)
last year i was driving 04 sti and got 3rd in awd. that one had too much power for slippery surface =o(
am i gonna see any of u guys on barne's lake snow-x in january?
pintoBC_5sfte":21r8ma6a said:
alexinvancouver":21r8ma6a said:
sentraman":21r8ma6a said:

only a few tracs around the okanagan , but thats cool that you went up there. were you driving anything? or spectating?
heard a older subie smoked everyone :p

lol my celica's way tooo low for driving it in the snow, not to mention its fwd

aus jd 2703

Just so u know 90% of front end stuff is changeable. So control arms and steering are the same I think swaybars are just different thickness and shocks and springs are same just different rates. Fenders on gt4 are generally widebody and normal celicas are narrow so fenders could be a challenge in a pinch u can run a celica front bar. Bonnet looks ok and I dunno if a celica one will clear the intercooler. Rear is totally different. Fuel tank arms shocks brakes everything is different. Good luck but good to see another one being saved

thanks for the reply
i always liked Celica's
ever since Carlos won WRC =o)
i think i found used fender and control arm but can't find spindle =o(
do u know if spindles are the same from gt4 and fwd gt-s?
because there're quite a few gt-s suspensions available
aus jd 2703":255rjdom said:
Just so u know 90% of front end stuff is changeable. So control arms and steering are the same I think swaybars are just different thickness and shocks and springs are same just different rates. Fenders on gt4 are generally widebody and normal celicas are narrow so fenders could be a challenge in a pinch u can run a celica front bar. Bonnet looks ok and I dunno if a celica one will clear the intercooler. Rear is totally different. Fuel tank arms shocks brakes everything is different. Good luck but good to see another one being saved

Finally 4 years later she's on the road and ready to run TSD rally in Merritt on July 18-19.
lotsa work done:
deleted a/c system,
deleted ABS
Changed main and rod bearings, (just to make sure she'll run for at least another 25 years lol)
compression was good and even across all 4 (i think it was 180)
new timing belt, new tensioner
rusty Q-panel and rocker panel parts replaced.
I found out drain tuber from sunroof were right in rocker panels (what a stupid design!)
so I extended them and redirected to the outside (see pic)
new foglights and LED lights
installed smaller and lighter battery
imag0193-0.jpg

imag0192-0.jpg

20150617_172740-0.jpg

imag0163-0.jpg

imag0159-0.jpg

sold the car last winter but not before winning overall the most prestigious TSD rally on West coast
And Western Canadian Championship in it =o)

and missed the car so much I had to find and buy 1990 Alltrac again!
This time it's white and needs pretty much the same work as on previous one.
Rocker panels rusty, brake line is busted as well as fuel line leaking.
Had to bring it home on a trailer.
And sits in the back for now as I have a few more projects to complete.
Finished my new stage rally car and building a new one.
Celica is third in line =o)

Attachments

• Celica 2.jpg
    Celica 2.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 1,287
  • HOD 2016 (5).jpg
    HOD 2016 (5).jpg
    758.2 KB · Views: 1,287