ATX CS.

CSAlltrac

FUCK THIS CAR, might have ran into the straw that broke the camels back. So she is all buttoned up and ready to fire, I loaded the base table and start it. I start to smell gas like crazy and it starts missing. Go to the engine bay and there is fuel dumping out of my exhaust. I kill it an pull my plugs, cylinder three is full to the brim. So I drain the oil that is super contaminated with fuel and let it air out and drip all night. Today I put 4qts of fresh oil in along with fresh plugs and try it again. Same thing but this time it starts dumping oil out of the mains. The stupid car blew out its own main seals. At this point I dont know what to do, Im at a total loss and Im so tired of this car not running. Ive poored my heart and soul into this build and I still cant enjoy the thing. It has become more stressful to me than anything else. Selling the stupid thing or parting it out is in my head alot right now and it sucks, this car is a part of me and I have worked my ass off for it. Im going to end my rant even though I could go on for hours, probably going to be the last update with the car for a long time, Im done working on it for a while.

BayAreaAT

Oh man, sorry to hear. A lot of us has been there before.
Step back. Take a deep breath. You've done an amazing job with your car, and you've
inspired a lot is us here.

Good luck.

DudeMan

BayAreaAT®":18kmc6fm said:
Step back. Take a deep breath. You've done an amazing job with your car, and you've

Good luck.

This.

I went through basically the same thing back in October.. worked on the car for over two years, started it up for the first time, put about 50km on it and lost oil pressure.

Its time to take a break. Forget about the car for a while and keep yourself busy.

I'm sure with a large project like this some other parts of your life have been neglected, maybe work or friends, focus on something else for a while.

Trust me man, one day you'll be hauling ass in that car smiling from ear-to-ear. And it will all be worth it.

UtahSleeper

DudeMan":x3wz1u99 said:
BayAreaAT®":x3wz1u99 said:

Good luck.

This.

I went through basically the same thing back in October.. worked on the car for over two years, started it up for the first time, put about 50km on it and lost oil pressure.

Its time to take a break. Forget about the car for a while and keep yourself busy.

I'm sure with a large project like this some other parts of your life have been neglected, maybe work or friends, focus on something else for a while.

Trust me man, one day you'll be hauling ass in that car smiling from ear-to-ear. And it will all be worth it.

You speak the truth!!!! My corolla was the same way, but the first time she started and idled right I was giddy like a school girl!

tubasteve

Dint give up, you WILL kick yourself in the a$$ later on. Think positive. Fuel strips sealing surfaces where the oil normally sits. Also, could have snagged an o-ring on the injectors (everyone does this once, fuel injector or not.)

After my build,I sucked a hose through my turbo and killed 100% of everything I did....it took me a long time to fix again...but the 'finally'moment was amazing.

YOU WILL BE AT TOYOTA FEST, AND I WILL CONGRATULATE YOU ON FINISHING THIS CAR....

-jr

CSAlltrac

Have I ever said I love you guys, I appreciate the support very much. As hard as this little speed bump is Im pushing through it. The wife says that I cant sell it since she knows I will be depressed without it in my life. She knows me well. Im trying to stay positive and look at it as a chance to change a few things that I was wishing I did. At the very least I know that it all fits together now and all my parts are counted for. I did find out that it was number 2 and 3 injector stuck wide open just flooding the shit out of everything. New injectors are on the list now. Heres what it looked like, I did start taking all the little stuff off to make it easier to get the motor and trans out when I take it to the shop.
Feb12152.jpg

Feb12153.jpg

Feb12154.jpg

Feb12156.jpg

BayAreaAT

Thats an attitude.. Never give up..!! Few time I have, whether in the sports I was in (fighting), my car.. or personal stuff.. I'm still kicking myself in the ass for it..

Another thing. Give you're wife a big hug for supporting you.. You're very lucky!

toayoztan

Glad to see you aren't giving up.

We've all had our run into a "chain of misfortunes" that make us wonder why we still have the car, so we feel your pain!

I've had to drop the motor 3x over two weekends in a row before b/c I couldn't get the rear main seal to seat right, so that wasn't fun.

What's that purple piece on the ground there?

Bryan

CSAlltrac

^^For a buddies honda that I built for him, He had some parts to throw on and I needed a break from my car so I did this today.
Feb12150.jpg

Feb12151.jpg

CSAlltrac

So I kinda have good news an bad news, I did fresh oil in her and cranked her over with no spark or fuel. My main seals did not leak a drop with normal oil pressure from cranking. So Im keeping my fingers crossed that with running pressure they will be ok :shrug: . Bad news is I need injectors, two of the ones I bought are stuck open. Its my own fault too for buying used crap. Aaron at ATS is helping me out with setting me up on top feed 1200cc precisions, E85 :D Now I just need to throw more money at it :| Keep an eye out for my for sale thread, gotta hustle up some cash.

ZeroDrift

Glad to hear you are sticking with it. I've been there before and the end result is well worth it. You are also very lucky to have a supportive wife. Go treat her to a nice dinner or something! :)

For future reference: when buying used injectors, have them serviced. I've had great luck with Witchhunter performance. As far as new, I've had GREAT results with Injector Dynamics 1000cc injectors. They are super easy to make idle and they flow really well at higher pressure.

GT4times2

ZeroDrift":2q64ayc6 said:
Glad to hear you are sticking with it. I've been there before and the end result is well worth it. You are also very lucky to have a supportive wife. Go treat her to a nice dinner or something! :)

Sound advice! Take the Mrs. to dinner. You're a blessed man. :) I'm glad you haven't given up. You've done a stellar job so far, so keep pushing for completion. Pat yourself on the back for what you've accomplished, and not let the hurdles discourage you. That's why we're here. To help each other. I'm rooting for ya, pom poms and all!! :p

CSAlltrac

Pulled the fuel rail and blew through the feed line with my mouth and air easily escapes #3. Can easily see where the fuel was coming from, and if I can blow through it with my breath imagine the 45psi of fuel pressure. Here is how she sits airing out. Motor still spins free with no noises thank god. Going to pick up a top feed set up real soon.
Sell168.jpg

UtahSleeper

Sounds like things worked in your favor, in regards to the motor health. In the grand scheme, injectors are a pretty cheap repair :)

CSAlltrac

Ordered my entire fuel system, chalk up almost another G to this damn car. I've been doing a few things while I wait. Redid a few major spots of the wiring harness, and installed my key lime VC.
0859b828.jpg