Mishimoto st185

aus jd 2703

Hey has any one used a mishimoto radiator? How do they fit? Cool?
Can't justify the $900 for a pwr. So gonna go a $400 delivered mishimoto if they for well?

2_Liter_Turbo

I have one for the 240SX, and it's your typical chinese knock off part. Cheap manufacturing, cheap materials, and a sub-par design. There's a reason why it's cheap. I'll be getting rid of mine for a higher quality piece soon. Op temps went up about 5-10 degrees across the board for me after installing it. Only reason why I bought it, is because I was in a bind at the time.

CSAlltrac

Weird, I have one in my 185 and I think it's comparable to the expensive ones. There are pictures in my project thread of clearence. Also have a good buddy here in AZ who has been running mishimotoin his Evo 8 race car for years now with no issues. He's also in PHX where it gets to be 110 degrees or more.

WarTowels

I have an ASI Rad for my trac, but I have a Mishimoto for my s2000. I've also had a Koyo rad for the s2k and for all intents and purposes the Mishimoto is identical to the Koyo, and comparing across platforms the ASI, Koyo, and Mishimoto are all of the same quality. The only difference between the three is that Mishimoto's come with a lifetime warrenty and the Koyo doesn't. Not sure about ASI. I think the quality is great for what you pay for, and I somehow doubt that the differences between these and other rads is that much.

Only trouble I've had with any of them is when a deer cut me off on the highway.

-Towels

2_Liter_Turbo

I did a comparison write up on the mishimoto and koyo radiators for the Sr20 240sx, and the koyo was mfg to higher standards and the mishimoto had tubes that were smaller and further apart than the koyo did, which inhibits internal flow, which in turn decreases cooling effectiveness. Not syaing they don't work, but it didn't fit as well and wasn't built as well.

WarTowels

Interesting. For the s2000 if it wasn't stamped koyo or mishimoto there were no perceptible differences in design.

-Towels

aus jd 2703

Sounds like I'll go the pwr with the dimple tube option and maybe closed mesh.
Does any one know roughly how much a gopher radiator is like meurz?
Thanks guys better start saving $900 is gonna hurt

klue

You dont need a $900 dollar rad.
Get a mishimoto, 2 fans, and a low temp thermostat. Make sure your tuner knows what hes doing. Your off to the races

klue

aus jd 2703":ghk201cj said:
Right now I'm running 17psi on a stock gen 3.....
Any one know what fans fit when being used as a second fan?

if your motor is having cooling issues at that level something else is wrong
dump the OEM fans, and get 2 slim fans. if your running an ems get a relay kit and set them up to run of the computer instead of the fan switch

aus jd 2703

Car doesn't over heat the coolant is always a bit low and boil after I turn it off. So I has the radiator pressure tested and the radiator top is leaking so need a new radiator. Hence either mishimoto or pwr.

turbocelica

Another person here using the mishimoto on my 850+ hp supra with no issues.. and it looks great not low quality like someone else said

ST_6396

I haven't used a mishimoto radiator myself yet but I have yet to see any actual failures of one. If you haven't done so yet, start with a lower temp t-stat and see if you get any difference in operating temps. If you see no difference then it might be time for the radiator. I would have needed one for my 92 eclipse if I were to still have it, put in a lower temp t-stat with a hole drilled in it and operating temps stayed around 200-205F still. But of course that was pushing 20 psi out of a small 16g.

mike325ci

gtfour93":14pluwx9 said:
muskokagt4":14pluwx9 said:
The stock fan should fit but will need some trimming. You would be best to get a slim fan.
What would be a good size fan for this radiator?

i'd like to know as well... i'm guessing 12" fan, but not sure of the actual physical dimension and fit... i don't want to order a 12" and see that i could have gone up with a 13" for more CFM, or maybe it's too big and i should have gotten an 11"...

FYI the ST185 mishimoto has a core height of 12.52" (overall height of 17.3") according to their website/spec...

klue

the stock fan fits kind of its not idea 2 12" should do the trick

shameless plug: xiiimotorsports has the best pricing on mishimoto products