car bogs when driving cold?

jonahs_3sgte

does the car start hard?
do you have to give it throttle to start?
check your ignitor ground
hows it do in boost?
try putting a ground on the engine and run it to the negative battery post
all the sensors including ecu are grounded to the engine on the back of the intake manifold
so bad ground will give bad sensor feedback

pinoyGT4

im in the Philippines and its hella hot here now..

but still..

when the car starts from a deep sleep, still kinda bogs down till operating temp..

its simple logic actually..

even you, a human, wont run fast after you just wake up from a deep sleep..

maybe you can, but not as fast as when you've already warmed up.. :D

jerod

Mine too,if i dont let it warm up for at least 2 minuntes,its sucks balls.Once at normal operating tempurature,it kicks ass again.

tubasteve

jerod":17au2ybf said:
Mine too,if i dont let it warm up for at least 2 minuntes,its sucks balls.Once at normal operating tempurature,it kicks ass again.

At least I'm mkstr the only one that brings oldies back from the dead

tubasteve

tubasteve":23karmse said:
i fixed my probelm by going to the 3rd gen mr2 ecu/st205 ecu. i had it bad when it was cold mornings, like wouldnt get out of the way of its shadow. i just realized it doesnt do it sence the map only system. i had no air leaks, used my "smoker" and nothing showed up. just an idea, the block is also unable to transfur heat as well as the ali. blocks of like hondas..just a thought id throw out there.

Sometimes I wonder what in the hell I was saying...

my car was also doing this. I found that i had a few vacum leaks and that needed to be addressed. also i had a aftermarket catch can that wasnt completely sealed. then moved on to boost leaks and found even more! I would check for leaks before going forward. build a simple boost leak teaster and you will find leaks you never knew that were there. most of all the vacum lines are old and brittle if you havent already went through them.

Boo_Guy

Another here with no power at all when the engine is cold, no boost at all, car shudders when trying to get going.

Stalled it on a hill with a stop light when it was still warming up the other week, was afraid it'd be stuck there lol.

Then its back to perfect once its warmed up.

jonahs_3sgte

my st165 starts right up no problem
let idle for a few seconds
gently rev engine up to 2500 rpm's
during the slow rev the engine will miss a slight bit
after reaching 2500 i let off and it revs fine

i had an emergency 1 time
hoped right in the trac and let idle then did the slow rev
took off fast
now it wasnt the fastest get out of the hole take off but it still made boost and loved it :)