Solid/replacement mounts for EVERYTHING

underscore

I wasn't sure if this should go in drivetrain or suspension so I just put it here. Basically I want to replace every bushing and mount I can with something in better shape, this is my to-buy list thus far:

Engine mounts: Front/Rear - SpeedSource (1 version) or GT4 Racing (2 versions); Left/Right - custom fill or OEM
Shifter bushings: Speed Source
Crossmember bushings: Speed Source
Rear subframe & diff mount: GT4 Racing, Klue or Mario
Rear suspension bushings: GT4 Racing, Whiteline, SuperPro (excluding the Rear Control Arm Outer Bushing, use a Toyota replacement)
Anti-Roll bars: GT4 Racing, Whiteline, SuperPro
Anti-Roll bar links: GT4 Racing

Locations: Speed Source [USA]; GT4 Racing [EU]; Whiteline [AU]; SuperPro [USA]; Klue [CAN]; Mario [EU]

What else do I need? I know if I swap to solid mounts then anything I miss will get destroyed even faster so I want to do it all at once.

celigts

How about any of the suspension related bushings like the trailing arms, sway bar,.... And the side engine mounts aren't the same size as the front and rear ?

Just ordered my speed source poly mounts through Klue :) he's the man.

underscore

sway bars will be upgraded to Whitelines, although I've heard that it's actually better to leave the front OEM? in which case I'll need to source new bushings for the front bar.

As far as everything else please list up the parts that should be replaced and a manufacturer that makes some, if possible.

Meenya

Make sure to torque all and especially chassis bolts:)
And in my opinion don't waste your time on side engine mounts. The front and rear mounts are the ones that do all the job.

lumbercis

What are you going to be using the car for?

You might be better off with OEM mounts depending on the cars intended use. Harder isn't "better" in general. Depends on what the car is doing.

underscore

AutoX, King of the Hill, 1/4 mile, 1/8 mile, TSD rally, hopefully track days and some local cruises. It will be driven to work on occasion but it's not a DD, I have a 184 for that.

AFCor

SuperPro Bushings seem to be very popular (I got them and like them). Check out toayoztan's build: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=37466 lot's of pictures and part numbers for everything. He also replaced just about every bushing too. As for where to get bushings, they can be found on Amazon, KO racing, Twos R Us, and toyheadauto.com (Rick is great to deal with and I personally recommend him). For my build I had to end up using all of these to get all the parts. The front swaybar can be removed, cleaned, and then just replace with SuperPro bushings. Just DO NOT replace the rear control arm inner spherical bearings with bushings. Get the OEM bearings from 1sttoyotaparts.com. It's in toayoztan's build thread with part numbers. Bushings limit the necessary movement of the rear hub.
I hope this helps!
-Anthony

P.S. I forgot about http://www.gt4.com.pl/polyurethane/inde ... e&Itemid=1 They have their own set of bushings and other things you might be interested in.

underscore

^ does Whiteline make replacements for all the control arms and other bits like SuperPro? I'll be getting an adjustable rear sway bar from them soon so for simplicity I may just go all Whiteline if they make everything for around the same price.

Corey Darling":1x0slnm5 said:
If you want my old speed source mounts, they're yours.

I sure do! PM'd

underscore

So I understand these are the SuperPro part #'s that I need? But not 2263K, because that's the one I'm better off getting from Toyota?

rearstrut.png

frontstrut.png

And for Whiteline http://www.whiteline.com.au/search_2011 ... t&sort=all

1435K = W51976
1320K = W51975
2265K = W62535
0823K = W61928

leaving me just needing 2264K?

underscore

klue":j27ijnyw said:
yea they make most of em, I can help you out when your ready to buy em.

Hopefully in the next couple months, what happens in the Tein & LSD groupbuys affects when I can do everything else.

AFCor

This is the list a I made before from the SuperPro catalog:

Front Control Arm Lower - Front Bushing: SPF1435K
Front Control Arm Lower - Rear Bushing: SPF1320K
Front Swaybar Mount to Chassis Bushing - SPF1335__K (Measure bar diameter. Between 16-26mm)
Rear Control Arm Lower Inner Front - SPF2264K
Rear Control Arm Lower Inner Rear - SPF2265K
Rear Trailing Arm - SPF0823K

Rear Control Arm Outer Bushing - SPF2263K (DO NOT GET!) Get P/N 42210-14010 From 1sttoyotaparts.com (2 for each knuckle)

The rear Whiteline swaybar (P/N BTR29Z) I purchased came with bushings and grease so don't worry about those unless you really want to: SPF0462__K (14,16,17mm)

As for the corresponding whiteline bushings it sounds like klue has the info on those. I think that's everything. Hope it helps!
-Anthony

underscore

edited first post to list options. I might start making a directory of every part that we have aftermarket options for, and who makes them, as we are very limited for many parts.

Hotrodhendrix

underscore":2bsqetfm said:
edited first post to list options. I might start making a directory of every part that we have aftermarket options for, and who makes them, as we are very limited for many parts.

Please do. Im sure Rene, Darthripley and a few others would be able to build one from memory. :p
~James

underscore

Most likely, but I'm sure certain companies have started producing products while other have stopped production since their builds. Either way any information from older members would be a GREAT starting point. I know the stuff posted on the main page is quite out of date so I think something a little more momber-updated might be handy.