Post your Daily Driver

GT4times2

DudeMan":2kmxtdzw said:
GT4times2":2kmxtdzw said:
You know you could have just bought a pick up truck, right? :p

Yeah but I don't want a regular pick up.. I want a four door, short box with a spare tire carrier. :p

Basically a Hilux minus the $8000~ price tag and RHD.

I know the Toyota Hilux. Real cool trucks. It would be nice if you did a Diesel swap while you're at it.

WarTowels

UtahSleeper":2vm6ax16 said:
I love the NSX.............but I have to laugh at the vented CF hood on a mid engine vehicle..........

Why would you laugh at that? Potential aesthetics aside it has practical applications.

-Towels

zero06

AFCor":1pia6rvr said:
underscore":1pia6rvr said:
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH is that an NSX?

Nah, That's just a Miata w/a body kit :p
LMAO :rofl: FTW!!!

WarTowels":1pia6rvr said:
UtahSleeper":1pia6rvr said:
I love the NSX.............but I have to laugh at the vented CF hood on a mid engine vehicle..........

Why would you laugh at that? Potential aesthetics aside it has practical applications.

-Towels
It's ducted to the angled radiator, for the record.

thanks guys. but no rx8 love?! :cry:

WarTowels

It does other things too, for the record.

I have yet to drive or be driven in an RX-8 but I would love to see what it's like.

-Towels

GT4times2

WarTowels":oopzw58p said:

I have yet to drive or be driven in an RX-8 but I would love to see what it's like.

-Towels

Revs and handles well, but no Torque.

darthripley

GT4times2":2yfcstq2 said:
WarTowels":2yfcstq2 said:

-Towels

^ what he said. i prefer the S2K.

we embarrassed an RX-8 quite badly with the MKI MR2. poor guy really thought he was hot stuff too.

XLarge

Sorry, but the RX8 looks like a pregnant whale on wheels. Never liked it. But I love the NSX. One of the nicest cars Honda ever designed.

zero06

the nsx was aquired inoperable :doh:
haven't driven it yet, I'm really only in it for some quick $
darthripley":3kfhe0rn said:
GT4times2":3kfhe0rn said:
WarTowels":3kfhe0rn said:

-Towels

^ what he said. i prefer the S2K.

we embarrassed an RX-8 quite badly with the MKI MR2. poor guy really thought he was hot stuff too.

the problem with the car Isn't torque, rotories lack responsiveness on the low end with the stock flywheels. rotating mass is a big deal in rotories

factory rx8's had drive by wire throttle limiters, soo did the mazdaspeeds at that time. :bangshead:

the best i could do at the track bone stock was 15.5s after the throttle unlock 13.9 thats a huge difference!
aftermarket zaust, intake, cobb tune, lightweight flywheel and upgraded ignition 13.4s
+70 shot @ 6.5-9.5k = 12.9s

now running a custom turbo setup, and ecu haven't gone to the strip yet. I daily drive it. its a blast
I've driven both the rx8 and s2k my choice in the two should be easily apparent. :D

zero06

also you cant comfortably seat 3 girls in an s2k for a saturday night out.
+ they like being let out of the suicide doors 8)

darthripley

interesting on the throttle limit, that would explain why it was so pathetically slow.
do they limit the throttle at the factory b/c the rotary goes kaboom easier?

i still think the S2K is prettier, just my thoughts.

XLarge

zero06":2y7l7mya said:
also you cant comfortably seat 3 girls in an s2k for a saturday night out.
+ they like being let out of the suicide doors 8)

Plan to go out as a pimp with a hand full of ladys ? Do it right and rent a strech limo. :D

zero06

darthripley":3j7xgjnf said:
interesting on the throttle limit, that would explain why it was so pathetically slow.
do they limit the throttle at the factory b/c the rotary goes kaboom easier?

i still think the S2K is prettier, just my thoughts.

n/a rotaries are actually very reliable, you can constantly beat/rev on a rotary much more than a conventional engine ...if maintained properly. I would have honestly been through several piston engines already the way I push it through the twisties
checking oil, premixing and most importantly LETTING THE CAR WARM UP are necessity.

poor/foolish owners have given them their taboo status in the import world.

as for the throttle limiter your guess is as good as mine :shrug: like i said mazda was doing it with all their cars at the time maybe is was a usdm regulation?
also the throttle unlock + intake made the little 1.3l rotary VERY loud above 5.5k, zaust just changed the tone.
the tune was much like our alltracs as well, very rich, very conservative.

as for the s2k Its a very fun car as well I drove my friend's quite a bit, and even at track days but I am 6'6" for one and IMO (whatever thats worth) the rx8 handles better stock for stock, but its really splitting hairs.

underscore

zero06":h0r9qms7 said:
darthripley":h0r9qms7 said:
as for the throttle limiter your guess is as good as mine :shrug: like i said mazda was doing it with all their cars at the time maybe is was a usdm regulation?
also the throttle unlock + intake made the little 1.3l rotary VERY loud above 5.5k, zaust just changed the tone.

noise regulations might be why they limited it then.

Hotrodhendrix

MMM Ls powered S2000.... Sexy sauce all over it. Not a big fan of the RX8s but I have only driven a stock one and it was after driving my old 500awhp VR4. Not a fair test drive.

~James