Any good shops/people for DD repair in LA/Tunjunga?

Fox 21 Alpha

Hey all,
My mom's car has been sitting for 2 years or so due to a bad oil pump and some other typical crap (Its a 95ish Honda civic) and is currently undriveable. Some things have come up though and she needs to get it back on the road but she's getting older and I'd like to help her with this; however I'm currently deployed and live on the otherside of the country even if I was home, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good shop that would be able to fix its issues and give it a good check over and get it back on the road, but at the same time is trustworthy as whatever they say is wrong I can't verify and have to take their word. Its got mostly small issues, oil and water pump, needs a wheel stud replaced, new power window switches, etc, nothing too serious.

Anyone have any recommendations or is interesting in working on it? I'm kinda putting some faith out there and hoping someone knows someone or some place that won't rip me off, as I'll probably be paying and dealing with it all from over here lol. Let me know what you guys think

Thanks

lumbercis

Hmm... it's a little out of the way and would need to be towed, but I can recommend Andres Auto Service in Chatsworth. It's a one-man shop and Andre's a pretty "no-nonsense" guy, but he's honest and won't tell you to fix things that don't really need it.

There's a LOT of auto shops in the Tujunga area but not sure which ones are really reputable. Might try looking for reviews of auto shops online and see who has a good reputation.

Good luck
J

underscore

Try to find some local car forums and see where they take their cars, most perfomance shops prefer to work on modifications but maintenance jobs are where the money is for the smaller ones.

tubasteve

I'm smack right in the middle here in temecula. I operate a shop that my dad started in February 2003. he is well known and is honesty as can be. We were just a H/A shop until 2008 when local H DEALER found out we were being attacked for taking all their business(legally, my dad has a cult following)

He was Honda top tech for 3 years in a row.(they discontinued this after him) he is in the maintenanceside as i work with the tuners. We are well known for being honest.

If you want further contract (i hate posting #on open form as telemarketing bots can read them (10calls a day)

-jr