ST185 Speaker Problem

Jbob72

I have a 92 All Trac that recently had not been started for around a month. When I started it after this month every speaker on the drivers side does not play any sound. Before this month everything was working normally. From driving it since then I have determined that it must be a short in the wire as the speakers will randomly turn on for about 1-2 seconds and then shut off again. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to where to start looking for the short. I was thinking in the drivers door from the repeated opening and closing of the door. Any help would be appreciated.

celigts

Is it certain speakers or just one ? Could be bad harness wiring. Bad ground. A cut in the speaker making the wires touch. If its all stock it could be the amp wiring. Maybe someone kicked the floor and pulled the harness some ideas.

Jbob72

It's every single speaker/tweeter on the drivers side. I have not pulled anything apart yet but I am guessing because it is everything on the one side that each speaker must be fed power off of a single main line. Meaning that the problem is either coming from the main line or the head unit itself. The system is completely stock so the amp wiring could definitely be a possibility.

Jbob72

I've taken out the head unit and I have another unit that I could test the system with but obviously I don't have a conversion kit. I was wondering if anyone knows what each pin goes to so I could hook the pins up with individual wires to test the system to see if the head unit is the problem.