Project: Make Love not War.

gearhead313

I pulled the trac out today.. I think im going to yank the head off this and see whats going on. I have a brand new head sitting here, so if thats the problem, then I'll put it on and get it driving again so i can enjoy it. I'll need a DD anyway for a while until my accord wagon is done with its mods, which are full custom turbo kit on teh H22a ( 91 accord wagon ), H&R springs, Koni struts, full poly bushing kit, and full 5 lug conversion w/ brembo hardware/stailness lines and camber kits. Once thats done, i'll switch to the trac again.

In the mean time, i've been thinking about some things that I would like to do as the jdm 185 motor is going in... im thinking to start:

fidanza fly w/ 4 puck act
build a custom intake manifold; big tank, short runner, side feed no tvis
crower stg 3's, shimless buckets, gears to degree them in
build a custom exhaust mani for whatever turbo i choose

i also would like to build my own single piece drive shaft and lock the center diff somehow. Some body stuff i'd like to do is a fiberglass hood skin and headlight bucket delete. There's always ideas running through my head, but I need to think about some of the costs and time, so these are all just ideas for now to jot down. Hopefully they all come through!

First is first, lets get that head off and see wtf is going on!

20966_221842191885_616461885_3616010_5040357_n.jpg

gearhead313

well about 4hr to yank the head off... holy lord. I dont think thats too bad considering apple break, etc. Luckily though, i found my problem along with some other interesting facts.

no compression eh????
IMG00054-20091226-1628.jpg

found some of the harness got quite warm at one point and time! not sure what im going to do about this....
IMG00053-20091226-1458.jpg

gearhead313

I almost forgot i had made this thread.. Well, since last updated, I got married... left my shop, moved to Illinois, got a new job and vuala here I is. I never did anything with the car till a few weeks ago. I put a quicky turbo setup on it and my JDM 185 motor in it along with a clutch, flywheel, etc. I just bought the wheels for it and took it to work for the first time... actually drove it for the first time really.

teh wife taking care of the wiper blades
2012-02-26133441.jpg

cleaned the bay up just a tad
2012-02-26135944.jpg

sittin proud at work!
2012-02-27152340.jpg

2012-02-27152349.jpg

Street_Chally73

I'll kindly take the blue one, please! :twisted: That's good to see you got it back up & running again. So are you in the 'burbs or downtown Chicago? I can't recall ever seeing too many All-Tracs around the 'burbs I used to always be around (Naperville through Lombard).

gearhead313

I live right at the wi/il border actually...

I've actually seen one st185 coming down 94 in wi once, but havent had any other alltrac sightings...

and after driving it yesterday for the first time, i've had everything to a nissan rouge try to race me! WTC!

tubasteve

Funny, i wish people would at least mess with me.....when i put a gauge pod on my a pillar...then I did.

What happened with the old head?

gearhead313

I think i scrapped the whole motor... it had miles on it and i already have a complete fresh motor apart and the jdm 185 motor in my car now. Plus i moved from pa to il and didnt want to haul it!

gearhead313

So finally after driving it for a bit and trying to sort it out (knock sensor code, some sort of smoke on shifts) I've come to the conclusion is a huge piece of junk and im going to have to probably change the turbo and pull the head since i think its got a burned valve... F'ING ALLTRAC!!!

:shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots: :shoots:

gearhead313

The wife and I pulled the 165 apart last night to see what sweet damage was causing my poor leakdown situation and oil smoke... well this is what we found! :(

2012-05-03202054.jpg

2012-05-03202115.jpg

2012-05-03202044.jpg

2012-05-03202033.jpg

#2, 3, & 4. I cant imagine WHY this happened..............................

MWP

Killed with a bad tune or fuelling issue.
Youve detonated/pinged/knocked those pistons to death :(

You should have heard the pinging...

gearhead313

somehow I think it would be difficult to hear over my 3" straight turbo back motoria... but regardless the motor has lived with a to4e at high teens on a stock ecm for mabye 10k mi about, so im not that disappointed. I'll throw a set of bearings in it and some forged slugs and then sit down and figure out how to fuel the darn thing.

bloodMoney

We definitely need to get together at some point this summer... We just got our 165 up and running.

I'm about 5 minutes away from O'hare and I work in Naperville, but we're all over the place.

gearhead313

Word..

i don't know how long it'll take me to figure out the fuel side of things in this car since 300whp doesn't interest me anymore.. i have enough turbo for 500, so if i shoot for 400 i should be in the money... especially with a new set of pistons and rings to help my confidence!