Need help on fitting up.

GT4_Vinnie

Hey guys,

Ive got an 88 st165 celica, which ive replaced the turbo and exhaust with an st185 twin entry ct-26, with 3inch down pipe. Also using 10pound 38mm external wastegate.
Front mount air to air intercooler with bov up by throttlebody, with the topmount water to air and pump all removed.

Got quite a few issues of where to run everything to, any help would be much appreciated.

Right so im pretty sure before the turbo swap, the water pipe by the radiator cap, ran into the turbo housing, then from another pipe off the housing into the waterpipes runing behind the rockercover. now that ive got the 185 turbo and have removed the water to air intercooler, do i need to blank those two jackets in the housing off, and then just run a hose straight from the radiator water pipe, to the pipes behind the rockercover? If not could someone please tell me whats needed to be done.

Secondly, on the turbo itself its got a small vacuum line for the pressure signal, do i run that to the bottom banjo on my external, or somewhere, or blank that off?

Thirdly, i need to connect up a boost gauge, and also a manual boost controller, and would like to remove the t-vsv. where would i run the boost gauge, boost controller to and from? also do i need to run hoses from the bov or top banjo of my external to anywhere, or just leave them to atmosphere?

Anyhelp would be good and if you need any more info, id be happy to provide.

I am just in an apprenticeship as automotive technician, but unfortunately, when bought the gt4, most of it was disconnected. once i can get all my hoses sorted, and all my plugs that seem to be leading to nowhere, with no other plug to connect to, figured out, i will then be replacing all fluids, plugs leads etc as with the pipework its gonna be a b*** to carry out maintence once its all together, so might aswell do most/all of it now, then just take apart when needing repairs.

I will upload pictures of all areas im referring to, also if i need, ive got the water pipes entering and exiting the turbo housing if I need to refit them. and alot of other spares, including st165 ct-26 and 3 st185 ct-26 and all factory wastegate actuators etc.

Thanks again.
Vinnie

GT4_Vinnie

Heres some photos, to help get the idea of where ive gone wrong, and what i need to do. Thanks

image0342t.jpg

Front view of vehicle.

image0341i.jpg

View of engine, not everyhting is wired up or in yet.

image0336q.jpg

View of BOV and Wastegate, not to sure where the top banjo on WG and BOV go, do i just leave them to atmosphere, and the bottom banjo on the WG (not seen here) where does that run to?

image0337edit.jpg

Red circles indicate where the water pipe use to run to and from (I Think), Yellow indicates the nipple on the turbo which I think is for the turbo boost signal.

image0339edit.jpg

Same as above, yellow is where the signal hose went into the factory WG, exited the factory WG and went into that pipe, not too sure about that. Info on both of these would be good.

image0340edit.jpg

Green indicates hose i believe goes to the factory steel J pipe for the intake with two hose fittings on, not too sure, with running the staright intake, will be adding 3inch alloy pipe between turbo and afm, will i need to make a fitting on that and run this to it? Blue indicates areas that im not to sure what goes where, theres two unnatached hoses, one coming from just infront of the fuel filter, herading back towards firewall, and other smaller hose comes from fuel filter heading towards the factory airbox area. And ontop of the fuel filter, I think a vacuum hose from the factory TMIC went on there, not positive though.

image0346edit.jpg

Same as above, just side view to see both hoses, where they go and where they come out from. All help on fitting these all up would be great.

image0343edit.jpg

Heres the view of the rear of the intake manifold, the two hose fittings there (purple) are both occupied by vacuum line, not to sure where it goes, also which of these do I T join to run MBC, Aftermarket Boost Gauge, BOV or WG?

image0344edit.jpg

Same as above just sife view, rather then top view. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Basically these are all I need to figure out, and then I can start renewing everything, and maybe get the engine running =)

All help is appreciated.

Thanks
Vinnie

underscore

what was wrong with the regular wastegate? I think you just leave it disconnected if you don't want to use it.

GT4_Vinnie

UtahSleeper.

Thanks, but I have been all through. the problem im having is not knowing where they all went factory, to know which its meaning on these forums, i didn't get the car complete, thats why i need to backtrack, make it completye to incorporate the mods.

underscore.

Im not running the factory wastegate, but im fairly sure vacuum hoses still need to run to and from the external, annd i changed from factory because of fitment issues. Thanks

GT4_Vinnie

I can't compare yours and mine to find out what i need sorry, just if anyone could beable to tell me, or point me in the right direction, so close, don't wanna blow it up cos of wrong hoses haha