st185 production?

zero06

Im completing my FULL restoration :bangshead: soon and planning on taking my car to several car shows This summer.
but I Think I need some solid numbers as to the rarety of the car when surrounded by a bunch of old rotting domestics with a fresh coat of paint and a random gen 350 that seem to get all of the attention? :shrug:

Im planning on bringing pictures of my restoration process and some rally stats, It would be helpful if I had a solid production number.

does anyone know where to find info on how many white 1991 alltracs were made In the US?

underscore

They still won't get it, my RC is one of the 1,600 that was sold in Japan but noone considers it rare because of all the ST/GT/GTS around...

edit: but then you'll meet some random person in a domestic who you'd think doesn't know an Alltrac from a Civic and may have made out with his cousin, who is stoked on the fact that you not only own a 185, but that it's an RC to boot. This may or may not have happened to me.

awolo

If they don't get it, they don't get it. Not a huge deal IMO.

I'm sure there will be people there who will admire and realize what you have, and if some don't, who cares?

At the end of the day, you know what you have.

zero06

fussellbug":29sdytgf said:
I have already been across that topic, It doesn't answer my question. I swear Ive seen a source years ago that had the production numbers down to color, but I might be wrong :shrug:

It's a matter of the judges knowing what they are looking at, rarity and the fact that It is a homologation model with direct race winning heritage. The car itself Is clean enough to eat off of, the thing deserves some damn awards next to every 50 something goon and their crusty dry rotted chevelles.

2of81

There was like 1700ish ST185's imported into the US wasn't there?

What I always thought would be cool for car shows is in the hatch put an LCD TV back there with a computer hooked up with showing a screensaver scroling through pictures of the project, or videos of the ST185 in WRC action....that'll shurely grab some domestic/judges attention. Another thing would be a good three digital photo frames, one with the engine build pictures, another with the rest of the car build and the other with scenic photos of the car.