Exhaust purchase? ok or not ok

celi_wabbit

Does anyone's mid pipe touches the trans on this one? mine, I can slide a paper through it and that's all the gap I have.

Awesome-Trac

brutekiller787":mjk15snj said:
i have one of the exact same exhaust and have had it for about a year and a half. still no rust on it and sounds awesome. if you have an st165 it hangs a bit low, i know because thats what i have. i can try and get pics up tonight.

Post pics please, cause your pics will determine wheather I pick one up or not. My exhaust is all messed ands sounds like shit

l0ch0w

I bought one of these awhile back, its rather good quality, and it clears the rear subframe quite well without touching. I have yet to drop my motor in to see if it clears the oil pan and front cross members, But from what I can tell it looks to be ok...

awolo

I should be getting mine in on Thursday, hopefully starting the install this weekend.

Very pumped about actually having an exhaust that works, haha.

Boo_Guy

Mine should be in place by tomorrow.

I just hope its not loud, I had a custom exhaust on my last car and it made my head want to pop at about 3500rpm.

It also set off a car alarm off once lol.

awolo

Judging from the video's I dont think it will be too loud at all.

Just got my 3" downpipe...WHOOO!!!

But that 3" flow is going to do wonders for extra power/torque!

Boo_Guy

Nope its not loud at all, Im very relieved. So far Ive only noticed that it seems to be a lower toned gurgle at idle, and the turbo spools up a lot easier.

I couldnt really get on the gas yet since theres still some work left to be done on the car, but Im VERY happy with it. 8)

awolo

Going to be installing mine this weekend hopefully.

How does it sound driving? Accelerating? on de-cel?

Any notice of more power? Torque?

Boo_Guy

While driving its a bit louder than stock, the actual exhaust note hasnt changed much, maybe a little lower pitched while cruising.

I couldnt really get on the gas much yet, just normal acceleration to like 3k-ish, that was a higher pitched tone than stock, I liked it though, nothing obnoxious, like a honda with a fartcan is. :p When I get it back from the mechanic with all the pieces of the car bolted back on like the front cross member, then I'll be able to romp on it more. And take some pictures. I also hear the turbo going a lot more than before, love that hsssssssssssssssssssss sound :D

I dont remember anything sounding much different when decelerating, you need to get on the gas or be listening to it idle for it to sound different.

I also had a SSautochrome DP with a cat in it put on at the same time, I have emission tests to pass every other year so I dont want to be switching back and forth. So maybe a catless DP will make things a little louder or grittier sounding. :shrug:

awolo

Sounds awesome!

Mine will be straight 3" all the way back. So i'm very much looking forward to having my new system put in. I'm hopefully going to be tackling this tonight/tomorrow.

l0ch0w

My main concern is clearance with the front crossmember, does it fit ok? All the other 3" exhaust midpipes ive seen have a more "bendy" midpipe from what it all looks like.

Steve, can you post up some pictures of what your midpipe looks like going over the front crossmember? Thanks :)

celi_wabbit

I'm having this issue right now. I installed my motoria mid pipe and it doesn't seem to clear much. Right now it's looking like the pipe is touching my transmission and barely clearing the crossmember.

Boo_Guy

l0ch0w":3rvx72x6 said:
My main concern is clearance with the front crossmember, does it fit ok?

celi_wabbit":3rvx72x6 said:
I'm having this issue right now. I installed my motoria mid pipe and it doesn't seem to clear much. Right now it's looking like the pipe is touching my transmission and barely clearing the crossmember.

I had to get spacers and longer bolts for my front crossmember, others might be able to get away with just modding it though. Its all luck I suppose. :)

l0ch0w

If I have fitment issues, Ill just re-do the midpipe i guess... Id rather not have to modify anything besides that...

ALLensTRAC

I have the Motoria midpipe connected to an ATS Downpipe and an HKS exhaust. When I bought the car it had the full motoria setup on it. That thing hit everywhere!!! It hit the front crossmember, rear frame, and almost touched the trans. Once I replaced the rear section with the HKS I had at least 3-5mm clearance everywhere. I didn't even need to shim the crossmember. Just my .02
Allen

toayoztan

If anyone is getting any touching on the rear section, it's b/c whoever installed it didn't do it properly or careful enough.

The imotoria mp allows you to rotate the pipe befor clamping it, and if done properly, the rear should clear...i've never had issues with the rear.

The front, you'll need to drop the crossmember or bang out part of the crossmember where it hits.

Bryan

Boo_Guy

l0ch0w":dtfln8r0 said:
If I have fitment issues, Ill just re-do the midpipe i guess... Id rather not have to modify anything besides that...

It might be easier to use spacers or to shave a real thin layer off the crossmember.
Its just a really tight fit, its likely to clear but would hit while driving.