Where an how to install oil pressure gauge

celigts

So I can't find any good references about installing this. Bought I and it's a mechanical autometer phantom gauge. Cam with 2 canister regulator things an the gauge.

What I don't get is where the oil pressure sensor is on the car and how to fit this canister to it and t off it or anything!

Help me please. Need at.net help

WarTowels

I think if you unbolted the turbo from the manifold and lowered it a bit you'd be good.

EDIT: No clue what I was talking about here, I think i must have responded to the wrong thread forever ago.

tubasteve

Spell check, had to re read a bunch.

Use the pressure sensor port on test of head.get a British pipe thread t-pipe if you want to keep your oil pressure switch?

Maybe?

-Jr

4rsnduction

celigts":26e2ra4z said:
What I don't get is where the oil pressure sensor is on the car and how to fit this canister to it and t off it or anything!

Your stock oil pressure sensor is located on the side of the head, it makes sure the highest point of the oil circulation system is being monitored for pressure, you can purchase a T shaped brass fitting that has 1 male threaded end and 2 female ends and put it into this hole, allowing you to use the stock sensor aswel as your aftermarket sensor.

The other option is to purchase a sandwich plate, it would sit in between the oil filter and the silver cooling unit the oil filter screws onto....this sandwich plate has 2 holes in it for sensors, one for oil temp and the other for oil pressure....best thing is both the holes are the right thread size for gauges.

celigts

Could you get me a pic of the oil pressure sensor? I think I have the canister fitting and it doesn't send oil to the cab and just uses the signal from the stock sensor.

Make sense?