Project Autobot

AFCor

I know how shops go. I once took a truck to get some transmission work done. They gave the transmission to me in pieces, and with the wrong transfer case! I didn't realize it at the time. I just paid the labor bill and towed it back to my house. Of course I was working, with a young family at the time and had no money so it was several months before I got around to it. By the time I went back to get my transfer case they said "Oh, sorry. We don't have any record of your truck ever being here." It was a place called Edwards Transmissions. I think it's a Midwest thing.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of shops. They screw you every time. I try to do everything myself and just learn along the way. It's much more fun!

I hope you like your Supra. I've always liked those, nice engines! though personally I don't care for the interior design. But hey, that's me.

Just don't forget about us when you're making 1000HP. :wink:

Autobot

Until I get back my All-Trac, I'll be working on the Supra. It has a body kit and TRD replica spoiler I have to remove. I'm going to return the car back to stock body and rims and update it with 98 headlights and taillights. I'm thinking of going single turbo as well. The only parts I need for the All-Trac are front and rear big brake kit and rear Torsen LSD. That's about it. Boths cars are so nice and low kms, I might have to search for a winter beater...

celigts

What's the alltrac in for right now? Should drive it till you get the big brake kit and torsen LSD. :) I need more 5th gens to join the winnipeg toptierimports group. Got a couple gt4 6th gens and dragged Brady "stubble" to join.

Would love to see your build in person!

Autobot

The shop owner has a storage area since the shop only fits 4-5 cars and maybe the same in the back lane. I am certainly having fun with the Supra as a DD for the summer though. Gave it a bath and snapped some pics. Got some parts on order to mount the OEM stuff, need to find a large air compressor to sand/paint the parts. Finishing up a garage heater install tomorrow, power is down until then. Did quite a bit of clean up in there, still need to add plug ins, change lighting, insulate the roof and put up drywall. Hopefully I will have a place to work on the Supra during the winter.

Autobot

I won't be working on the garage until this weekend, the panel had to be ordered in. I am enjoying the Supra, it is my first rwd vehicle.

Autobot

I painted the Supra last month and have been enjoying it as a DD. I was able to get a hold of Jon for the first time in 4 months. He told me the engine was in the car. He's working on the car in a storage area. I have no idea where that is and another attempt to get a hold of him while in the city did not work.

celigts

Hope to see progress on her. This will be what's going to happen with my engine. Never mind full car. Since it all rusted out :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Autobot

Ran into Jon at a Slayer concert a couple weeks ago. He said the engine was out of the car and the crankshaft needed machining I believe. I managed to insulate the ceiling of the garage and add extra plug ins. The Supra is parked for the winter and I have a Toyota Matrix as a DD while my wife has her Mini Cooper S. I only have a 2 car garage so I have no idea where I would store the All-Trac if I were to get it back now. Here's a pic of the Supra from this summer:

Winnipeg_zpsbbebec45.jpg

athousandleaves

Not trying to sound like your mom but...

1. I feel sorry you've been without your trac for this long!
2. Why are you trusting this mechanic so much?
3. *not a professional opinion* but I believe that some of the stuff you've stated above would harm your case in court if it ever came to getting your car back from this guy that's been enjoying it for the past ~5 years now.

As many others have said; if I were you I would collect the car in whatever state its in and take it to a mechanic that answers my calls immediately or at least has slightly better business practices and is close enough for me to check up on occasionally.

CMS-GT4

I learned the hard way about people working on my car, and staying out of contact with me. The police had to be involved at the end. Good luck.

ishmael.7

I just read every post of this project st185. Awesome car parts. You have ordered so many parts that I wish I can order hahaha. I have just started on the small stuff. I really hope your car is in good hands. That is a very very long time it has been in there. I am excited for it to be done also. :D

underscore

Are you sure your car even exists anymore? If you can't get ahold of the guy and he's had your car for that long without finishing it and you haven't even seen the thing in ages how do you know he hasn't just stripped it for parts and sold it off?

I'm sorry but the guy is a poor excuse for a mechanic if he can't finish a car in 5 years.

Shaggz00

Agreed with most of the recent responses. I would all but demand to see my car in person at this point. I won't be surprised if he can't come up with it. Hate to be so negative, but that is maaad sketch...

underscore

I just read the whole thread, it's been 6 years since it went in for a new turbo and you've provided a huge pile of parts. It's damn near impossible to not have the car done by now unless he's screwing you over.