Annual Alltrac Meet is BACK - Fall, 2012

gt4play

Hi folks,

Yep, that's right fellow Alltrac fanatics, the Annual Alltrac Meet is back and in full swing. It's been too long since we've had one of these and I think it's about time we pull as many of these fellow owners together, as there seem to be quite a few of them just in the the DC area alone, let alone PA, NJ, VA and DE!

Based on the poll I recently posted, people are on board with a weekend-long meet with one day being a local get-together and the other being a trip out to Summit Point. Unfortunately, the Summit Point portion of this (particularly for karting) isn't so realistic. Rather, making this a full weekend of Alltrac Worshipness is more difficult for the majority of us than a single day. That said, in favor of the best-possible turnout, we'll be holding a local meet on Saturday, October 13th, 10:00am with a rain date of Saturday, October 20th.

What's in store? Here you go:

Meeting Place: Home Depot parking Lot, Frederick MD
Meeting Time: 10:00am

We'll be meeting in a parking lot adjacent to a Home Depot in Frederick, MD. You can see it here on Google maps. The parking lot itself is front and center, just below the Home Depot (which, if you were looking at the Home Depot main entrance, is just to the left).

Here's a screenshot to help:

meeting_location.png

The main reason for this choice is our direct access to (1) plenty of eats in the area and (2) the potential for some pretty awesome cruising routes (to be worked out). The meeting time itself is pretty flexible. I made it somewhat early for those of us who just want to show up earlier. Others may want to grab a late breakfast, or even lunch before showing. That's fine. A local cruise probably won't kick off until 2:00pm.

At any rate, this will give us an opportunity to catch up with those we haven't seen in a while, meet new faces, exchange stories, helpful tips, etc - you get the idea.

Scenic Drive 12:30pm Updated
Alright! Nothing like waiting until the last minute to get this ironed out. BUT, I think the wait was worth it - we have a nice cruise in store for everyone.

Before getting into the details, you can view the map here.

The Route, Start to Finish:
whole_drive_zps0836b26d.png

First Leg
We'll be leaving from our meeting point down to the scenic Point of Rocks region of MD. It's pretty much a straight shot with some back roads. A nice drive that gets us into the countryside. There's park down here that I no nothing about other than the fact that it's fairly new (new enough where it's not captured on Google Earth). Supposedly it exists and it's right off the river. It should offer for a nice first stop on the cruise.

Here's a snapshot of where the park 'should' be. Looks like there's some parking in the back:
pt_of_rocks_view_zps60bd50d2.png

Turn by Turn directions to Point of Rocks:
first_leg_turns_zps732ccf10.png

Second Leg
This is where things get exciting. I've only been out this way a couple of times myself, but there's some great countryside views and plenty of twisties to liven things up a bit. Just try not to mow over any locals. :smokes:

We'll be venturing through the back roads to dump us out onto Rt 270 north to our second stopping point. This is a scenic overlook that is poorly marked on the maps (only one way in and one way out). I've driven by it time and time again, but never stopped. I'm thinking this will be a nice stop for a photo shoot of the lineup.

Turn by Turn directions to Scenic Overlook:
second_leg_turns_zps46d291a5.png

Third (last) Leg
On the third (and last) leg, we'll be heading for my place for some BBQ eats and may be a little grease monkeying to fix whatever we broke on our cruise. :bangshead:

We'll be continuing up Rt 270 to catch Rt 70 East. Roads are nice, wide and straight - be great for getting some footage/snapshots of the group. My house isn't far off Rt 70 and is quite easy for people to get back to when heading home for the day.

As for parking, here's an overview of my place. There's plenty of space on the side of the road and some off to the side of the driveway. It will be obvious when you arrive, just keep the cars on my side of the road.

house_parking_zpsb79a9b7b.png

Turn by Turn directions:
third_leg_turns_zps98a7474b.png

Remember ladies and germs, the intent here is to make this a cruise, not an all-out battle in who gets there first. We don't want anybody going home with a ticket, broken car or worse.

Dinner (Late Lunch) 'n Tinker 2:00pm
Lets face it, the majority of the Alltracs on the road require some round-the-clock maintenance of some kind or another. Maybe you have a leak that can't be explained; a tick that's driving you crazy or simply want some hands-on advice from somebody who knows these cars (literally) inside and out. Some of these guys have more experience with these things than they care to admit. ;) That said, we'll end off our cruise at my house (address below), located conveniently off Rt70 just a few minutes East of Frederick (our first meeting point). I have a decent selection of tools, one open garage bay (maybe two if I roll out the MR2), a perfectly functioning grill and a cooler of beer. 8)

There is plenty of streetside and driveway parking, I'll have the usual burgers n dogs for the grill, beer and soda, etc. I changed our meeting time to an hour earlier (10am instead of 11am) so we can save a bit of time for this new idea.

Address:

4835 Marianne Drive
Mount Airy, MD 21771

So there it is! If you can make it, respond to the post with your details:

1. Board Name
  2. Name (opt)
  3. Car Year
  4. Car Body Style (or desc)
  5. Car Color
  6. Traveling From

NOTE: I will continue to keep this first post up-to-date. So if there are any questions/changes, no need to dig through the thread, I'll keep the info here.

SIGNED UP
#Board NameNameCar YearCar Body Style / DescCar ColorTraveling From
1.gt4playChris L1988ST165, 23k milesRedMt Airy, MD
2.esraceingEric S1988ST165, IMSA GTOWhiteSilver Spring, MD
3.mafixWillie1987ST162grey-blackAnnapolis, MD (pending baby)
4.88gt4deRob1988ST165BlackBear, DE
5.celi_wabbitFlor1991ST185RedQuakertown, PA
6.Alternate.eagoTim1989AW11GreyGlen Burnie, MD
7.ScubaSteve1990ST185Red/BlackBaltimore, MD
8.97JZA80Mike1988ST165GreyMiddletown, DE
9.mx6er2587Mike1990busted ass tracGreyPittsburgh, PA
10.JonbonesjonesMax/Josh1990 (Jan)St185 w/ 205 swapRedWestminster, MD
11.boostedbluetoyotasTim - aka 'Pless'199xSt185BlueColumbia, MD

Mafix

1.gt4play / Chris L / 1988 / ST165 / Red / Mt Airy, MD
2.esraceing / Eric S / 1988 / ST165 / White / MD
3.mafix / Willie / 1987 / ST162 / grey-black / Annapolis, MD (pending baby)

gt4play

88gt4DE":2ihhkkbb said:
88gt4de , Rob , 1988 , ST165 , Black , Bear, DE .... Count me in guys ....

Done. But any additional suggestions that my oil leak may be at all analogous to my other 3SGTE woes, you're OUT! :lol:

97JZA80

Im going to delay responding since its my sons birthday wknd, once I have that planned ill circle back but my goal is to be there.

88gt4DE

gt4play":2ew0jc95 said:
88gt4DE":2ew0jc95 said:

Done. But any additional suggestions that my oil leak may be at all analogous to my other 3SGTE woes, you're OUT! :lol:

:rofl: I read this twice and didnt get it till after I had my coffee !!! LOL

gt4play

88gt4DE":5s876cm6 said:
gt4play":5s876cm6 said:
88gt4DE":5s876cm6 said:

:rofl: I read this twice and didnt get it till after I had my coffee !!! LOL

Shoot, even I had to read it again to understand what the hell I meant. :p

gt4play

97JZA80":324bvb8n said:
Im going to delay responding since its my sons birthday wknd, once I have that planned ill circle back but my goal is to be there.

Cool. Family first, but if you can make it out as well, all the better! Bring your son along! How old will he be?

Mafix

i'll need to talk to either you or eric. i'll be in 2 cars. more than likely by myself. i plan on bringing the celica up a day or 2 before. then meeting before the meet to get it. then if it starts to get dark i'll switch back out.

while this may seem a little bit excessive, i would love to show the celica. but i put on aftermarket lights yesterday and today decided that i hate them. so i'm giving up on lights all together. so a better idea of where we will be and who lives closest would be great knowledge. i'd do this without being a hassle but i live a bit far for that.

gt4play

Mafix":37bw7dps said:
i'll need to talk to either you or eric. i'll be in 2 cars. more than likely by myself. i plan on bringing the celica up a day or 2 before. then meeting before the meet to get it. then if it starts to get dark i'll switch back out.

while this may seem a little bit excessive, i would love to show the celica. but i put on aftermarket lights yesterday and today decided that i hate them. so i'm giving up on lights all together. so a better idea of where we will be and who lives closest would be great knowledge. i'd do this without being a hassle but i live a bit far for that.

Of the two of us, I probably have more available parking space. So no problems there. But lets see how this develops and finalize based on our final location...for which I'm definitely open for input.

alternate.eago

Alternate.eago / Tim / 1989 / AW11 / Grey / Glen Burnie MD

While I can start the 165, I don't want to. I know it will not make it up there... So the other 80's Toyota gets some love.

Mafix

yep. last one fo the year for me.
why you wanna see the fwd car chase it's ass? it's like a dog chasing it's tail. interesting though.

LegacyofDan

i work two jobs now, 8 am-4pm -5pm-10/11pm ...so yeah and my schedule is inconsistent, trying to save up for a down payment for a house.
but if i can make it, i will try to make it. but many times in the past i have flaked out for a plethora of different valid reasons, so yeah do not count on me being able to make it but i have atleast the desire to try to make it.

just an idea for in future, maybe a karting day at Mid Atlantic grand prix maybe cool...i work there now...so yeah, i do not have any privileges to get group rates(yet? idk). but on saturday unlimited racing for 75 bucks(per individual) from 6pm-11pm, and i can see if i can get those 5 hours adjusted to a better schedule for the group, no promises but can not hurt to ask. and fyi also the unlimited racing would include all of us racing for times and who ever else showed up that day, it will not simply be us(this is simply a separate idea from this topics meet idea so no need to clutter this thread with a response to this idea, and if interested in such an idea pm or text me, and we can talk, most of you have my number/fbook anyway, that way we do not clutter this thread thank you.)

gt4play

LegacyofDan":32i0ljkx said:
just an idea for in future, maybe a karting day at Mid Atlantic grand prix maybe cool...

Good idea. I hadn't given much thought to this given Eric's (esraceing) contacts over at Summit. We'll have to keep this on in mind!

gt4play

After looking at the NE Alltracs Google Map, we have quite a few owners located within driving distance (of course, driving distance is all relative, right? ;) )

Can any other reach out to these folks? The more the merrier!

gearhead313
BoostedBlueToyotas
celicasilfee
mike325ci
mx6er2587
CrazyAchmed
97JZA80
Lamont
Blacktrac
WarTowels
sMARTINside
alltracst185
LittleMissAllTrac
Rabid-Kitten
Balagast
gotno99
dragstang86
lumbercis
heller
RafaCalde
JanRingnalda

These are all names I just picked off the maps. I know some are way too far to make the drive, but many are pretty close!

88gt4DE

My brother was a maybe 97JZA80 ... he responded. Lamonts car was in paint ... no sure if it will be ready ....