1st gen 3sgte transmission options

Spectra1

SOMEONE HALP US

Im assuming the st185 (E150F) and st205 (E154F) transmission would mount up just fine but I have no actual experience with this so im sure someone will chime in here. The only issue I can think of might be the speedo cable.

Im sure this has been discussed many times, you could probably do a quick search and find your answer.

Awesome-Trac

I've done a 2nd Gen tranny swap with a 1st Gen engine and works perfectly. From what I've learned from this site and all the other awesome owners is you can swap a 1st,2nd and 3rd Gen tranny with eachother.
Differences: 3rd Gen tranny has a electronic speedo unlike the 1st and 2nd which use cable

Hope this helps

NewGuy

i used search and lurked forever on the subject... so i cant take a 3sge tranny and use that transferring my diff onto it?
only gt4 trannies will work???

Awesome-Trac

3sge tranny? if im correct those only came in FWD versions with no driveshaft and rear diff so i dont if that would work at all unless you plan on removing your car from being AWD to FWD? ...you can bolt the the FWD 3sge tranny on a 3sgte engine and they will work cause there are a few people here who have done this type of project unless im getting what your planning to do wrong....please feel free to correct me

fussellbug

To replace the stock all wheel drive transmission you will need an 'E' series transmission and differential. I have heard of people removing the differential to make a FWD transmission but don't know of anyone who's added an all wheel drive differential to a FWD transmission. The 3S-GE used the 'S' and 'C' series transmissions which were never meant to be adapted to all wheel drive and aren't as strong as the 'E' series.

There is however a FWD 'E' series transmission in the V6 Camry that could potentially be combined with the all wheel drive differential but I've never heard of it being done. I for one would just look for another All-Trac transmission and save myself the extra work.