165 top feed injector options EXPOSED!

tw2

So that I can run them with the stock ecu. Saves needing to upgrade everything all at once. I am not at the stage where I need bigger injectors but I want top feed so when I do uprgrade them it is easier and I want a better rail because I don't think the gen2 rail has an adequate bore for anything more than stock power.

gearhead313

tw2":1ml0uvon said:
I want a better rail because I don't think the gen2 rail has an adequate bore for anything more than stock power.

The stock rail should be plenty for mildly upgraded fuel and boost mods. I don't think you will be leaning out due to inaddiquate fuel flow through the rail at "more than stock" power. :wink:

tw2

My
"more than stock power"
should eventually end up around 330-360hp at wheels which I do doubt the 5mm bore will support. So since I got a 165 rail for $7 and top feed injectors are a lot cheaper than side feed if you can even get them (in this country) it seems like a pretty good plan to me. Not to mention wolfkatz proved that the stock rail cannot supply even pressure to the last 1-2 injectors in completely stock 440 form anyway......

tw2

Just for interest I have 2 165 rails sitting in front of me. As best I can measure I got 11.95mm so they are basically about 12mm internal bore which I would think will support nearly anything you can throw at it without pressure drop on the last 1-2 injectors.

So if I can remember school maths at all the 185 rail assuming it is 6mm (I heard it was 5mm but do not have one to measure myself) diameter has a cross sectional area of 28.3 square mm and the 165 one 113.1 sq mm. A 4 times larger area. I do not know the dynamics of fuel flow or the differences it poses with regard to side and top feed setups but a problem solved it seems for far less than $300 after I cut up my alluminium sheet to make some mounts.

GT4_CR

Im sorry guys but I cant see the pics very well to check the measurements of the injector.

I need high impedance for my DTA setup. Low impedance are no good and they screwed up my computer and resistor pack doesnt do its job.

I found Holley Injectors of 50lb/hr..thats something like 525cc
Its measurement is L7in x W5in x H 0.24
:shrug:

GT4_CR

GT4_CR":bq1uypy3 said:
Im sorry guys but I cant see the pics very well to check the measurements of the injector.

I need high impedance for my DTA setup. Low impedance are no good and they screwed up my computer and resistor pack doesnt do its job.

I found Holley Injectors of 50lb/hr..thats something like 525cc
Its measurement is L7in x W5in x H 0.24
:shrug:

:cry: :shrug:

polarmoment

for the ST185's as well, the 5SFE top feed fuel rail has the same injector spacing as the 3SGTE side feed rail.

i'm using a 5SFE fuel rail, dsm 550's and to fit the injectors into the head, i cut the ends off a stock rail and used o-rings to seal them to the dsm injectors.

you'll need to use the 5SFE regulator with a splice from the 5SFE outlet to the stock fuel return, but the feed inlet is the same thread size (M12x1.25), as is the cold start injector outlet (M8x1.25).

for mounting, the 5SFE rail mounting surface is 38mm higher and 26mm offset from the 3SGTE rail. some 10mm bolts and pieces of 1/4"thick by 1" wide by 1.5" long aluminum drilled/tapped 26mm apart for the 10mm bolts makes mounting easy.

underscore

Holy thread bump Batman. Good info in that post from 2007 about a 5SFE rail on a 2g 3SGTE, I'll have to do that this winter.

ZeroDrift

underscore":17alebei said:
Holy thread bump Batman. Good info in that post from 2007 about a 5SFE rail on a 2g 3SGTE, I'll have to do that this winter.

It is quite the bump! Its great info and honestly should be a sticky! Figure its better to bump a great thread with useful information than to make a new one.