ST185 3" Stainless mid-pipe is a go!

Trackforged

sentraman":1p0u82zi said:
Brad_91":1p0u82zi said:
Brad_91":1p0u82zi said:
Received mine in the mail the other day!
Can't comment on its fitment because I won't put it in until spring, but I will give a big +1 for the quality! Looks very well made :)
Thanks a lot TrackForged :D :D
Here is a quick link to a picture of it (i hope it works):
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/img0238jzf.jpg/

Just put it on a week or two ago, and it was very easy! Perfect fit. Certainly made a nice difference too :)

That is great to hear Brad.

+1 glad to hear it :)

Evan

Some general questions about this mid pipe and our exhuast system in general.

1) I currently have this pipe with no cat and im trying to make it quiter. will the cat make it drown less? I currently have an hks hi power and its just so loud and im getting annoyed of it.

2) totaly different but.. im probly going to mod my exhuast to either have a 3rd muffler or a resinator. what would make the biggest difference?

I have kk engine mounts and carbon drive shaft that made it even more drowny but I belive that exhuast is the biggest problem.

Whats is everyones thoughts?

should I open a new thread?

sentraman

I would probably look to have a resonator installed after the midpipe... Should help out a bit and not cause any power loss.

Terracar

If you are wishing to reduce the drone, add a resonator. If you wish to reduce the volume, add an additional muffler. Resonators only smooth the sound.

-Terracar

celigts

Terracar":2l21tycq said:
If you are wishing to reduce the drone, add a resonator. If you wish to reduce the volume, add an additional muffler. Resonators only smooth the sound.

-Terracar

+1 to this. No loss in flow with resonators. Only smoothness the flow.

zero06

I found the vband when I cleaned out my garage :lol:
I'm really happy with this MP, fit up perfectly to my aussie DP and blitz nur spec catback. It sounds awesome.

Only fitment issue(s) I had were:
-the edge of the crossmember pinch which I gave a couple bends with an adjustable wrench. no problem.
-the provided allen bolts are annoying? they seem to be quality material but allen bits on an airtool (even a torquing one) are easy to break/not a tool I use too often. So I just went to fastenal and ordered 3/8 b7 studs and nuts for the whole system. job done.
:D

Id like to see more trackforged parts for our cars, Id definitely buy from them again

sentraman

Thanks Zero06, this info you posted will definently be passed on to the correct folks to make these changes. Thanks for the feedback and really hope you are enjoying the extra power...

Trackforged

zero06":347cxm9e said:
I found the vband when I cleaned out my garage :lol:
I'm really happy with this MP, fit up perfectly to my aussie DP and blitz nur spec catback. It sounds awesome.

Only fitment issue(s) I had were:
-the edge of the crossmember pinch which I gave a couple bends with an adjustable wrench. no problem.
-the provided allen bolts are annoying? they seem to be quality material but allen bits on an airtool (even a torquing one) are easy to break/not a tool I use too often. So I just went to fastenal and ordered 3/8 b7 studs and nuts for the whole system. job done.
:D

Id like to see more trackforged parts for our cars, Id definitely buy from them again

Thanks :D The group buy has been a great success! We're happy to be supplying parts for the alltrac community!

Evan

sentraman

bump, you can still get these on a built to order process.

We really need a st165t cross brace to make a 165 mid pipe. If anyone is willing to ship one in or drive one in. We have a 165 here, but just missing the cross brace underneath

sentraman

psipwrd":3mrqocb6 said:
Do you ship to APO? What 3" catback (or axle back?) bolts up to this midpipe?

I believe they ship anywhere as long as you are willing to pay shipping. This is made to fit the stock cat back. So if you have any cat back that follows factory routing this will fit.

psipwrd

The midpipe looks long. Would I use both sections with the full catback? I was looking for something like this:

wrx-exhaust-new-text-600.jpg

If they both bolt up and fit, that answers my question.

st185rc

The midpipe goes between the stock cat and the axle back. For me when my car was still alive i had it in this order: berk 3" dp, forged performance midpipe with test pipe on, some generic 3" axle back exhaust that had oem fitment.

st185rc

psipwrd":276bfgxu said:
The midpipe looks long. Would I use both sections with the full catback? I was looking for something like this:

wrx-exhaust-new-text-600.jpg

If they both bolt up and fit, that answers my question.

I should probably clarify that the rc only had one primary cat and what is the "cat back" referred to in your diagram is what my "axle" back is