Fuel cut

Rpz123isme

Ok guys I cut my pim wire to the ecu in hopes to delete my fuel cut from the car. but sadly Instead of 11psi fuel cut I now have a 16psi fuel cut. any tips in completely removing the fuel cut? I know some people say its not safe for the motor, but I am not concerned about that. I can build another one for pennies on the dollar if something goes wrong. the car is an 88 165 with a manufacture date of nov 1987.

Thanks

l0ch0w

on a gen 2 eventually the motor hits fuel cut because the MAF sensor pegs out.

Only way around this would be to switch to a gen 3 EFI.

Rpz123isme

I have a gen 1 motor and ecu. if its the mass I can rig it to never hit 100%max. but seeing how my old 185 never ran into this problem at 18psi im a little lost.

Rpz123isme

found this.

erolit":1soq9z80 said:
TPS = Turbo pressure sensor. on the st185 it provides a pressure signal to the ECU from which the ECU calculates fuel cut. It also has a separate wire connecting it to the stock boost gauge on the dash board.

Appart from these 2 functions it serves no other purpose. There is no pressure sensor based fuel/ignition corrections on an st185 ECU.

If you electronically disconnect it from your engine (ie you cut the PIM wire, unplug the sensor wiring harness etc.) the ecu will begin to calculate fuel cut based on the signal from your AFM & throttle position, and when you hit airflow based fuel cut you have to reset your ECU (by pulling a battery terminal). Basically dont do it.

It will also (by some means which i have yet to establish) pull ignition timing much more readily with the sensor electronically disconnected.

If you want to kill fuel cut, the best way to do is is to unplug the vacuum line from the TPS, and leave everything as it is. This is 100% effective with zero side effects (except for complete absence of pressure related fuel cut)

Elliott

makes since now. so when the ecu does not see any signal it uses a back up the afm. so leave the electronics alone.
ima try this right now!

Rpz123isme

Works great! now my 3 mode home made boost controller can be used!

mode one stock boost

mode two 11psi

mode three 17psi

hopefully soon I can hit the dyno

what we always do is plug the turbo pressure sensor with a plastic bb (airsoft bb) into the vac line before the sensor. this way, ecu still sees the signal but allows boost to be raised.