Antenna swap

bluetrac1209

My power antenna on my st165 is broken and stuck completely out. I want to get a non-power one that is shorter. Anyone done this and have any suggestions on an antenna that will work?

CMS-GT4

You need a base for a screw type antena. I know a lot of the 5th gen guys buy the y2k celica base from the dealer and then a s200 antenna. I found that base 5th gens had a screw base, so I picked one up at a junk yard then I got a stubby antenna for a celica and it was done in a few minutes.

Here is the final outcome. I imagine 4th gen chassis is going to work in a similar fashion.

photo4atg.jpg

CMS-GT4

Yeah that one side of the tank cover needs to be painted. That will be a spring project.

OutToWinPAHC

My car head no radio when I got it, so when I put on in i found out the antenna was bad when the motor shot it out and kept going. Not knowing if it was the antenna assy or the amp relay I rather not spend money on used parts to ruin them. So I am looking to do this too, but can you tell me if you had to run the antenna wire to the head unit, or did it simply unplug from the power unit and plug into the new celica manual base?

aus jd 2703

CMS-GT4":1ohxm2ou said:
You need a base for a screw type antena. I know a lot of the 5th gen guys buy the y2k celica base from the dealer and then a s200 antenna. I found that base 5th gens had a screw base, so I picked one up at a junk yard then I got a stubby antenna for a celica and it was done in a few minutes.

Here is the final outcome. I imagine 4th gen chassis is going to work in a similar fashion.
got part numbers? so keen to do this!

CMS-GT4

No part numbers. I grabbed one off a fwd narrow body celica in a junkyard. I hear you can use the parts from a y2k celica as well.

93cc

mine was stuck about 2/3's up and wouldnt go up or down either... I removed the guts of the antenna and pushed the antenna all the way down and disconnect the power and then connect the antenna cable that goes to the rear window to the head unit. You will need an Antenna adapter but thats it.