TRD Struts for ST185

Tecker185

Has anyone herd of these or came across a set? I just bought a parts car and the PO claimed most of the parts on the car were removed from an RC.

I got tearing into the car and the struts were green. I thought that was odd so i cleaned them up in search of a part number. The say TRD a part number and KYB. They also have adjustable dampening.

The rears a leaking and so is one front. I hear you can get struts rebuilt. The front would be easy because the tops unscrew, but how would you do the rears they are welded. Has anyone had a strut rebuilt?

I will post pics later of the front struts when i get home and list the part number.

CMS-GT4

I have seen these for sale on the forums from time to time. I would contact KYB and see if they would rebuild them.

Overtriped

There is also A thread on here about cutting and welding on a threaded nipple so you can rebuild them like the fronts.

athousandleaves

I just put my non-adjustable TRD's on for winter and to be honest I like them much more for the street than my teins!
Fantastic dampening and spring rate but you don't have to creep over speed bumps too much or dodge every pothole you see.

Definitely happy with mine so rebuilding yours will be well worth it imo.

Tecker185

Also what is sweet is the rears unscrew at the top like the fronts do. So if I can't get them rebuild I can't put new cartridges in.