The "How many alltracs/gtfours have you seen in person" game

CMS-GT4

So I was thinking about how long I have had my car, and how many of these I have actually seen in person. For the longest time, it was only couple, but I can mark of a few more since then. I know they are rare, but I always wondered if other enthusiast saw just as few as I have. This is what I have seen since 1999.

Post when you saw the car(s) and then a total

• 1st gtfour I saw was for sale in ATL.
• 2nd was the one I flew to Michigan to buy.
• 3 was back home, I was just out for a drive and saw my car's twin. Never saw it again
• 4&5 were at my first celica pigeon forge meet. Both were member on the forum.
• 6 was seen at a site where I was sent to take photos for a story I was working on. It was sold on this forum a while back.
• 7 Was at another Dragon meet I held. It was just me in the Z and him.
• 8&9 Was gt4rcdude 185 and Mr2Guru's 165 at a celica meet.
• 10&11 VIP09 and Ben's at another Celica meet.
• 12&13 Were Trumanpriest's and Drew Monk's when I moved here to STL.

• When I was in Malaysia I saw a blue 185RC on the way to Singapore
• In KL I rode in a Matte Teal St205
• On multiple Trips to Malaysia I have seen at least 19 Caldina Gtfours.

So My count is...
165s 1
185s 14
205s 1
246s 19+

klue

In the last 8 years or so, rough estimate would be a few hundred that I have seen in person in various countries.
I have worked on :

no less than 100 st185s
no more than 10 st165s
no more than 10 st205s

88st165

6 - 165's (three of which were mine)
2 - 185's
1 - 205

I also got to experience a 165, 185, & 205 all in the same place. It was pretty awesome esp for a random place in the midwest.

spitfiremk16

I remember my first alltrac! I went to the toyota meet at colt state park in bristol ri just because i wanted to see an alltrac! I saw a silver st165(dont know who it belonged to). Then i saw jeremy's (alltracman78's) 93 st185. Totally made my day finally seeing an st185 in person! The only other alltracs i have seen are mine(when i went to go buy it from its previous owner), a red st185 while driving on the highway, and my friend nikkis st185.Thats it! 5 in total.

CMS-GT4

spitfiremk16":2lo6k83s said:
...Then i saw jeremy's (alltracman78's) 93 st185. Totally made my day finally seeing an st185 in person! ....l.

I have had Jeremy over at my house, but never seen his alltrac.

88gt4DE

spitfiremk16":1mde24ks said:
I remember my first alltrac! I went to the toyota meet at colt state park in bristol ri just because i wanted to see an alltrac! I saw a silver st165(dont know who it belonged to). Then i saw jeremy's (alltracman78's) 93 st185. Totally made my day finally seeing an st185 in person! The only other alltracs i have seen are mine(when i went to go buy it from its previous owner), a red st185 while driving on the highway, and my friend nikkis st185.Thats it! 5 in total.

What year meet did ya see the silver 165 ?

spitfiremk16

*edit i lied its 6 total. There was a black st165 and a silver st165 at csp that year, just looked through the pics of it. Found a pic of the cars in question.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 2,681

88gt4DE

spitfiremk16":8gaszho5 said:

*edit i lied its 6 total. There was a black st165 and a silver st165 at csp that year, just looked through the pics of it. Found a pic of the cars in question.

Haha , thats mine and my brothers ... 8)

spitfiremk16

88gt4DE":2r83aebu said:
spitfiremk16":2r83aebu said:

Oh wow! Thats too cool! The rims are same as the car in your sig. Definitely yours! Im starting to remember both these cars now, i remember both of them were clean enough to eat off of. Did one of them have a 185 swap? I cant remember.

zblu81

1st one in person (that I can remember) a blue 165 ~10 years ago , for 1/2 mile from my house w/ 24,000 original miles.

then I saw an st185 in a junk yard.
then my 185 when I bought it.
Then 4-5 185s and a few 165s @ a MI meet
a few more 185's @ a speed source meet / BBQ
then 1 local 185 in town

88gt4DE

spitfiremk16":l6e7n2ae said:
88gt4DE":l6e7n2ae said:
spitfiremk16":l6e7n2ae said:

Oh wow! Thats too cool! The rims are same as the car in your sig. Definitely yours! Im starting to remember both these cars now, i remember both of them were clean enough to eat off of. Did one of them have a 185 swap? I cant remember.

Thanks for the nice comments ... we try to keep them up ... no 185 stuff yet ... I think I remember talking to you a little also ...

spitfiremk16

"Thanks for the nice comments ... we try to keep them up ... no 185 stuff yet ... I think I remember talking to you a little also ..."

I actually didnt have my alltrac back then, the charcoal colored scion used to belong to me. Thats what i drove up there.

brutekiller787

Mine was the first I saw then went to bear mountain 2010 and saw a teal 185 and a white 165 and then I can here to school and saw a beat up 165 and a clean clean red 185. So 5

sinerasis

First one I ever saw was my previous red 165. That would have been around 2000 or so. Wrecked it in 2003. Since then I've seen maybe 2-3 other 165's (a white one in Redmond not too long ago). Just purchased a black 165 a month ago. Probably another or two one in there.

Right after I wrecked my first one I wanted to buy a black 185, met up with a guy (probably from here), went for a test drive around Southcenter and everything but didn't have the right about of cash at the time. I know I've seen at least a couple other 185's around.

I've seen a 205 conversion (at least I think it was a conversion). 'twas red.

Mafix

omg i've been into this so long...the first i've seen was mine in 2K. after that i've probabily seen 10 that nobody has and another 50 or 60 different ones over the years.

underscore

The very first car I ever checked out when I was 15 was a 165, since then I've seen 1 more 165, 4 185's and 1 205.