My engine bay fuse box (2x) relocate

Spectra1

Im in the process of splitting the engine harness so that only engine related components are on the harness that is attached to the engine. While I was at it I decided to relocate both of my engine bay fuse boxes to help clean up the engine bay. I also tucked the body harness so that it only runs in the fenders. Im not fully done with this yet but here is what it looks like so far.

Hole cut in drivers side fender
PC190915_zps3040f8a2.jpg

Hole as viewed with drivers side fender removed
PC190916_zps984ca2c8.jpg

Fiberglassed insert to hold and position both fuse boxes. Custom molded.
PC190909_zpsd492ed16.jpg

PC190912_zps5c543327.jpg

PC190913_zps062004f8.jpg

PC190914_zps2ecbfdbe.jpg

Fuse boxes installed into access hole with fiberglass insert. Im not done with the wiring yet so it looks a little messy.
PC190917_zpseb92365d.jpg

PC190919_zps4ed5d996.jpg

Finished look from inside of engine bay
PC190920_zpsef29c035.jpg

PC190921_zps539b1dbd.jpg

PC190923_zpsb4afd89e.jpg

I will be fabing up a cover for the rear of the fuse blocks to protect them as well as a cover for the engine bay side. In the close up finished pics you can see that there is no longer a body harness visible within the engine bay. It has been moved to the inside of the fenders. Ill post up more pics when it is finished.

underscore

I never have and never will understand the point of tucking the harness and making everything harder to fix, that said you've done a nice job of hiding the fuse box while still making it accessible.

Spectra1

In 20+ years the wire harness has never had to be "fixed" so why would I care if it was in the engine bay? If something ever needed work all I would have to do it remove the fender which takes a total of 10 min. On the other hand the engine bay will now look 100X better so to me it makes complete sense. As for the fuse boxes I figured I would need access to the often hence why I did what I did instead of simply hiding them in the fenders.

toayoztan

Because I got rid of my AC along with "its" fuse box, I only have the FP Relay and Horn relay from it, and then of course the big fuse box.

I am thinking about tucking, but making it accessible possibly from the cabin. Not sure what I plan to do yet. I will probably split my engine harness so nothing runs under the radiator. Therefore, the Passenger headlight, headlight motor, corner light, and turn signal will have to transfer to come out of the passenger side. I plan to upgrade and relocate my horn.

Great job with what you've done there! I was considering a similar set up, but I like to leave that area for drawing in fresh air for the intake.

Bryan

Spectra1

Thanks. I was in the process of really cleaning the whole harness up, eliminating a ton of wires (I have an autronic standalone), and hiding/tucking what I could. I wish I could post up a updated pic but the car is 2000 miles away while im in school. Maybe some day it will be finished :( .