How long since you have driven your alltrac?

deecee

Totally understandable. GTT's are also an option and are cheap as chips now. Hard to find a decent st205 that hasn't been thrashed, high km's or had terrible body kits attached

toayoztan

Haven't driven it since March 2010...

For some reason, it didn't seem that long lol. Time is flying too damn fast.

Bryan

tw2

DeeCee":1xxqauu6 said:
Totally understandable. GTT's are also an option and are cheap as chips now. Hard to find a decent st205 that hasn't been thrashed, high km's or had terrible body kits attached
I'm not really a fan of the st215 but yeah it would have to be a pretty nice st205 to bother with it. Looking back on my gt4 ownership experience I think I would do a DP, better intercooler, raise the boost and maybe lower it a bit and call it a day. Thats more or less what I did with my gen 3 mr2 and I got more enjoyable k's out of that than I ever did out of the celica.

For now the 350z is keeping me entertained especially on the corners.

underscore

Fox 21 Alpha":1ozevuuh said:
Since about January of 2010, so just past 2 years? Yeah FML in deed. I did test drive a stock one a year ago that was for sale, gawd I had forgotten how fun this car is. Hopefully someday soon :|

Wouldn't that be 3 years?

Fox 21 Alpha

underscore":1rszlhsf said:
Fox 21 Alpha":1rszlhsf said:
Since about January of 2010, so just past 2 years? Yeah FML in deed. I did test drive a stock one a year ago that was for sale, gawd I had forgotten how fun this car is. Hopefully someday soon :|

Wouldn't that be 3 years?

Ugh yes...lol

killemalltrac

I drove my ST165 to work today and every day since I got it. Oh and I just drove to McDonalds a little bit ago. I want to have more fun with it tho so I am ordering a 205 swap on Friday. Then I can have a spare good running Gen 1 motor in my garage to poke at :)

88st165

I havent driven either my red or white one in about 3 years. My civic has been entertaining me very well so my 165s have been sitting in the garage. My motivation came when I visited them and the red one had rat droppings everywhere on the hood, roof, engine. Seems like a family of rats were living on and in it so I said enough is enough, time to bring it back to life. Started up on its first try now i cant wait to drive her again 8)

TRDTurko

Since about august 2010! Wow sucks to think about how long its been sitting. Bought the car in BC in 2009, was sitting at a dealer for about a year before that. Started driving the 2 days home to Winnipeg, got just passed calgary when my turbo started squeeling like it was being attacked by a lonely hillbilly. Turned out the engine seals had dried out and I had dumped all the oil on the highway. Got oil in it in time to save the engine but the turbo was fried. Got it home, bought a used turbo which blew its seals a month later (would have been great to smoke screen the cops with :p) got another used turbo only to dicover it had bent fins so didn't boost as much as it should, but started autoxing it anway in the summer of 2010. I guess running low on oil hurt the motor after all cus it starting knocking then died at the very first autox I had brand new tires on it. Been waiting for a new motor since.

But there is hope on the horizon cus I am buying another 88 which is running but needs body work, should get that done to drive it this summer then the restoration of the original can begin and I should have two running 88s by next spring! :D

Rick89GTS

88st165":1s8kzx0n said:
....My motivation came when I visited them and the red one had rat droppings everywhere on the hood, roof, engine. Seems like a family of rats were living on and in it .....
Watch them rats. I killed 3 of the buggers that were living in the engine bay.

CMS-GT4

All winter, cause they salt like crazy here. Bought another vehicle so I did not have to spoil the alltrac.

underscore

Pretty sure I'm pushing a year now, and even before that I only had it for about a week before stuff went sideways. And before that I never really drove it cause problems kept surfacing.

I've basically never driven my car haha.

Jesse R

^ sounds like my s12 lol.
Haven't driven my 205 since September... Getting anxious, have to wait for a couple things to come from my buddy in the UK

Overtriped

Daily driving my st165... Needs RSB links and a rear brake line among other things... Having fun getting sideways in the snow. It's been about a year and a half since my 185 has ran, currently swapping a 205 wrc powertrain into it. Can't wait to see how much better it is than stock or the 165. I'm sick of storing it, Igot too much money into it to turn back. Pushing forward, bc racecar.

brutekiller787

I miss my alltrac so much. It was too clean to go back to NY again. As soon as I'm done with school I'm going up there and buying it back

ishmael.7

I drive mine everyday about 45 miles. I want to sell my Fj cruiser and get me a gas saver so I won't drive this as much because like many of you are, I want to conserve it. It is very fun to drive though. You guys should drive it more often. I still have not seen another all trac on the road ever even before I bought mine. I need to keep mine off the streets also :cry: