Alternator rebuilds?

RafaCalde

Anyone know of a place that will rebuild alternators around Boston? I can't find a replacement and I'm trying to get the car running again. Or any Pull and Save, U-Pull It type places I maybe could find one.

fussellbug

For many people, replacing the brushes in the alternator will fix their problems for the very low price of a set of carbon brushes.

fussellbug

The EPC shows the brushes and holder as a set part# 27370-75060. Retail price of $19.75 at your local dealer or buy online.

OutToWinPAHC

I got a shop near me in Philly. They have rebuilt my R33 alt, my R33 starter as well as countless other JDM stuff. Average rebuild cost for regulator, brushes and bearings is 50-80 bucks.

anothergt4

Also mid 90s dodge intrepids used the same alternator if that helps, I just pulled the internals out of one and put them in mine, same denso part number, but my casing looked better so I just swaped internals.

88gt4DE

anothergt4":1ju5fwbs said:
Also mid 90s dodge intrepids used the same alternator if that helps, I just pulled the internals out of one and put them in mine, same denso part number, but my casing looked better so I just swaped internals.

Seriously ? Dodge ? I worked for dodge for years and never knew this ... then again ... I wasnt wrenching on them everyday either ...

RafaCalde

OutToWinPAHC":9otzw3ak said:
I got a shop near me in Philly. They have rebuilt my R33 alt, my R33 starter as well as countless other JDM stuff. Average rebuild cost for regulator, brushes and bearings is 50-80 bucks.

got any contact information? i found a place in Connecticut but they were quoting me 130 for a rebuild. would this place also slight power increases. I'd like to go from 80 amps to 100 amps.

OutToWinPAHC

Pryor Auto Electric
(215) 338-1582
7156 Torresdale Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19135

I live a mile away, so I could drop it off and pick it up if you wanted to use them

sentraman

anothergt4":2flqsckp said:

Is this confirmed? anyone know?

alltracman78

You know you can use one from a 5SFE, right?
And most are auto, so they have a slightly higher max output.
01 And older auto Camrys should be perfect.

As far as the windshield, pick one up from a yard, any liftback, and possibly the coupes too are the same.

RafaCalde

I just went to autozone and the alternators are the same except for the plug connector. it's alright though, i was able to order a 70 amp. Even better is I got money back for returning my old 80 amp.