AEROMAGIC FRONT LIP ST185 LOOKING FOR INTEREST / GROUP BUY

MATT-S

Hi everyone! As some of you may know I have been working in Japan and importing/exporting parts for many years, there are a few parts which I have been looking for but are next to impossible to find, mainly I have been trying to find an aeromagic lip, widebody in good condition. I am pleased to say that I finally have one in my posession, it has taken a long long time to get it, and I really had to pay a lot of money to get it.
Anyway, as I said I have a good one here, pictures are below of the lip held against my car. I will be meeting with a local fibreglass company later this week to get an accurate costing on producing a mould and making some copies, I spoke to them on the phone today, and basically the more I order the lower the individual cost. So really I am looking for expressions of interest, I realise it is difficult to say without a costing and time frame etc, so all I am looking for is any interest if a reasonable cost can be worked out, so that I can talk numbers with the fibreglass company. So if you think you may be interested please post up and i will push things forward.
Thanks for looking
Matt

CMS-GT4

They made two versions of the lip. Should fit both as the design above was meant for the regular style while a different design was RC I believe. I'll have to dig up my old hyper rev.

lumbercis

This is the best lip ever made for the ST18x body style. Bar none :smokes:

I'm in assuming the replica turns out well.

Another example:

0611.jpg

MATT-S

Thanks for the interest. I have met with the fibreglasser, he was impressed by the intricate design of the original. I have left it with him and he is going to show a colleague who has over 35 years experience making moulds to see what they can work out. I am waiting for a call back when they have sorted something out. We discussed the possibilty of making the lips in 2 parts, as in a left and right side, this was mainly my thought to decrease the shipping costs significantly but if you think this would detract too much from the design please let me know. I will be in touch when I have news.
Thanks

MATT-S

Hi everyone just a quick update, things are moving forward, no firm pricing yet I should have a price very soon. The mould is at the design stage, so more updates to follow soon.
Thanks for looking
Matt