Operation Restoration, in a barn!

So after being an alltrac owner since 05, owning 4 st185's over the years, and a short jaunt into the Subaru(that part of my life is behind me now I promise) world I've finally started a project worth sharing. This will be a complete ground up restoration of a 1990 st185 and I hope to get some input from you guys along the way.

The car started as a parts car from Pete Popovich(can't remember his username here) that I traded an alltrac hood for plus some cash to get it here from Chicago. He had bought the car to fix a front end collision on his alltrac and it was still fairly complete when I got it but financialy it was just gunna have to sit on the back burner for a number of years. The goal of this rebuild is basicly removing the last 23 years from the car, adding a few mods for better handling, and doing a cs/grp A/rc conversion.

Step 1: Buy a barn

image.php

Step 2: Turn barn into a shop

image.php

image.php

image.php

Step 3: Remove every little bolt and bracket from car to get started on re-painting the under body

image.php

image.php

Step 4: Buy a bunch of differnt wire wheels and get after it!

image.php

image.php

here is a wheel well that i did first sorry the picture turned out like crap but I don't believe in smart phones and 2 mega pixel is all you get.

image.php

image.php

The undercoat I'm using is the gloss black POR-15, with the Chasis Coat Black applied in the wheel wells and other high abuse areas. Cleaning of the underbody is a huge PITA but the result is deffinatly worth it vs. the factory fadded gray rubber.

Next on the list is getting new bushings and powder coating all the brackets and suspension for that new shinny look.

Tricking you roomate into thinking that sandblasting is fun is a great way to cut down on the project labor!

image.php