OKC Project-8/1/15-Another fun car!

CSAlltrac

That house looks nice Bryan, you would have plenty of room to work with. You gotta start thinking about coming out for toyotafest. ;)

toayoztan

Preview of the wheels!

Enkei RPF1 17x9 et35. This picture shows them installed on the car WITH a 28-30mm spacer I believe (I forget exactly and didn't measure it yet)...obviously a bit too much. So 25 seems like a good fit, but I'll be double measuring just to be sure.

I plan to wrap them with some Yokohoma S Drive's, 255/40. I waned bronze/gold wheels, but I got a pretty good deal on these. They are pretty damn light!

dsc8093edit.jpg

dsc8082edit.jpg

Yeah, I hope to get the car done pretty soon, John. When is Toyotafest and where again?

Bryan

monkey8oi

toayoztan":r6orfnjk said:
Preview of the wheels!

Enkei RPF1 17x9 et35. This picture shows them installed on the car WITH a 28-30mm spacer I believe (I forget exactly and didn't measure it yet)...obviously a bit too much. So 25 seems like a good fit, but I'll be double measuring just to be sure.

I plan to wrap them with some Yokohoma S Drive's, 255/40. I waned bronze/gold wheels, but I got a pretty good deal on these. They are pretty damn light!

dsc8093edit.jpg

dsc8082edit.jpg

Yeah, I hope to get the car done pretty soon, John. When is Toyotafest and where again?

Bryan

nice looking wheels!! it's going to look nice and aggressive.. and toyotafest is in may and in long beach, california..

toayoztan

Thanks guys!

These are 5x100, not 5x114.

They are only 9", not 9.5" so fitting them w/o a spacer in the front should be good (that's what I was told anyway).

Bryan

CSAlltrac

Perfect fitment! Awesome find on those wheels dude, wanna trade? As monki8oi said, 5/4/13 @ the queen Mary in long beach Cali. You should come, it's an amazing show. If you were to come on that Friday, the 3rd there is a Toyota museum everyone goes to that you would love.

Landon

Looks so good Bryan. I've grown to love those wheels, and I'm stoked you've gone that wide with them.
By the way, a 9.5 fits with no spacer in the front, so you should have no problem with a 9.

deecee

Landon":m1ne8y0i said:
Looks so good Bryan. I've grown to love those wheels, and I'm stoked you've gone that wide with them.
By the way, a 9.5 fits with no spacer in the front, so you should have no problem with a 9.
I have 18x9.5 at the front with 255/35R18 and i have interference with my Tein coilovers without a spacer.
Also, with a 20mm spacer, the tyre hits the rear of the wheel well.

I may have to try 10mm to space the wheel edge from the coilover with a smaller spacer and that may help with the tyre hitting the arch due to smaller turning arc.

Just a FYI..

toayoztan

Yeah I doubt I'll have much issues with 9, that's partially why I didn't go for 9.5...yet. I want to figure things out with this first.

As for track width in front and rear, I never thought about that, until now. Maybe someone else can shed more light on this importance.

Bryan

Hotrodhendrix

toayoztan":3fpd75jq said:
I waned bronze/gold wheels, but I got a pretty good deal on these.
Bryan

Well looks like the wife is now wanting me to finish her alltrac to sell it and purchase her an old vert car. Most likely late 60s mustang... Blah. If so I will stick with the stock wheels it has on it and sale off the Bronze Oz rally ultralaggeras I picked up for it. They are 18x8 though.
~James

toayoztan

Thanks, I'll have to read up more about the track width differences.

James, that sucks to hear about your wife wanting to get a different car, but like I said in your thread, variety can be nice. I like all kinds of cars, so american muscle can be fun too.

I thought about 18's, but I've never personally wanted anything larger than 17's at the moment. Those rims do look good though!

I had a question for anyone that's extensively taken apart the front end of the car.

I reattached the hood latch/bracket, the upper support bar, headlight brackets, etc. I noticed there was a bit of "wiggle" room with all of these items. When bolting up the fenders and front bumper in place, did you find it difficult to align everything, or did it seem to pretty much all fall in place? I've kind of "half tightened" everything down, but am reluctant to completely tighten it all down as there is too much "unknown" at this point with the alignment until I put the fender, hood, and front bumper on, I feel like.

Thoughts?

Bryan

CSAlltrac

As far as structural stuff goes, eyeball that as straight as possible. Maybe come up with a way to tram measure to get as close as possible. Take a piece of string or something similar, measure from your passenger hood hinge bolt(the one on the car, not hinge to hood)to your drivers front core support, a headlight bolt hole or something else in that area. Then take that exact length measured and go from the drivers hood hinge(same hole/bolt that's parallel to the one you used) and go to the opposite front core support bolt. Measuring in an "X". Get that as square as possible and tighten. Any other voids you can make up in the sheet metal. If its confusing just shoot me a text or call, Ill help ya out