st205 swap

quieter

hi guys! so im about to swap from a 2nd gen to a 3rd gen. i was wondering what was the outder diameter of the stock BOV mounting point on the WTA intercooler so i know wich coupler to buy for a hks ssqv . The swap comes from japan so i was also wondering what would i need to take off the top speed cut? is it with a resistance? anything else i should know before doing the swap other than polyfilling the engine mounts and getting brass shifter bushings? i already got a brand new clutch, presure plate and an 11 pound flywheel . also got the 3 inch downpipe and exhaust manifold. also did a battery relocation, cant wait for no MAF! lol. im also interested in buying a standalone but im going to save up 1-2k first because the swap alone is going to cost alot. my st205 transmission blew so this is the reason why im upgrading. thanks!

phattyduck

ST165/ST185 exhaust manifolds will not bold on to the ST205 head. You should stick with the stock exhaust manifold anyway.

Other mods/etc. are up to you. Make sure you get a clip so you can get all the wiring (if you are going with the 3rd gen electronics). Some of important wiring goes through the fender/core support for the intercooler system...

Top speed cut is at 180kph/112mph. I use a rev-speed meter on mine to get rid of it. You will need to keep some speedo signal going to the ECU, and it takes more than a simple resistor to change the signal.

-Charlie

quieter

are you saying his because the exhaust manifolds for 1st and 2nd gen 3sgte have 7 bolts? because i got 9 and it still fits on my 2nd gen,. it should be fine on the 3rd gen with the ct20b. im probably going to use my speedometer cable and not go electronic.

I read on GT4OC that the stock ST205 exhaust manifold can take a beating....and alot of em are using stock. I was looking for something aftermarketish so i can try to squeeze out more powah... Stock exhaust manifold should suffice.

quieter

thanks for the info! i still wonder whats the diameter of the WTA intercooler entry for the BOV. id like to take off the stock piping to make more space in my engine bay. i want to see what type of flange i would have to buy.

quieter

thanks man! i also found a way to take the speed limit off the JDM ecu viewtopic.php?f=49&t=35240
nvm its for st185 ecu only.

i wonder if theres another way other than the rev speed limiter. im probably going to get a standalone but wtv i think i can wait

HKS SLD ( speed limit defencer defender )
http://www.rhdjapan.com/hks-sld-speed-l ... ype-i-9835

Found this on GT4OC for you if your running stock JDM ST205 ECU

ECU will have 3 plugs. What you need are:

Big Brown Wire (Earth)
Black/Yellow Wire (12 Ignition Power)
Orange Wire (Speed Signal to ECU)

Check an ECU pinout diagram if you're not too sure where those are but they're all unique from what I can remember and pretty easy to find imo.

Make sure you have a decent set of crimps or needle nose pliers as the bullet crimps supplied aren't the best for the size of wire you'll be crimping, ended up soldering mine.

Black Wire on SLD -> Brown Wire
Red Wire on SLD -> Black-Yellow Wire
White Wire on SLD -> Orange Wire Loom Side
Yellow Wire on SLD -> Orange Wire ECU Side

There may also be a blue wire on the SLD but this is not used from what I can tell. Instructions are only guaranteed for ST205's and not other GT4s as I can't honestly say everything will be the same, I would imagine they are but without having wired one up in one I can't say for certain. SLD also tucks away nicely under the little L-Bracket thing under the ECU that the carpet velcro's onto. Works a treat as far as I can tell. Hopefully this information will help someone.

The hole where the stock BOV is installed at is

inside diameter = 1"
outside diameter = 1 3/16"

Hope that helps.

phattyduck

quieter":2zd1sux8 said:
are you saying his because the exhaust manifolds for 1st and 2nd gen 3sgte have 7 bolts? because i got 9 and it still fits on my 2nd gen,. it should be fine on the 3rd gen with the ct20b. im probably going to use my speedometer cable and not go electronic.
ST205 motors have 9 studs like the late ST185's, but the exhaust ports are different size shape and location. The stock manifold is good to 500-ish HP (and isn't a restriction). Just use the stock manifold.

-Charlie