Low rise headlight thread

ZeroDrift

CMS-GT4":11a24dr1 said:
So what kind of parts would you make that might help us? Are you going to do it to your alltrac?

First things first: I need to take a close look at these cars and compare them to the ST185 and perhaps the MR2. For those that can PM me pictures, please do as this would greatly help. The reason is, the more I manufacture the less expensive each component will be. The least expensive option would be a mounting bracket that holds the pair of lights and leave it to the end user to sort out mounting and such. The last option seems the most appealing to me as a 100% bolt on kit that is custom tailored to one model will be costly and I don't think there are enough potential buyers to go this route.

As far as my 'Trac, I was thinking of going this route, or modifying a sealed beam unit w/ a bi-xenon projector of some kind.

Quick edit: I did not design the light kit on my old Rx7. This was a kit put together by a member on Rx7club.com.

CMS-GT4

I think a bracket those holds a bulb would be the thing that gets users most interested.

I am still looking at options that are available.
http://www.rspeed.net/RSpeed_Low_Profil ... -61517.htm

This MR2 idea might be the way to go.
If we had a plate that allowed us to bolt in the smaller sized bulbs and a fiberglass housing then we are set. People can either do the hid kits or just get the housings and run nice bulbs.

l0ch0w

I found the site where you can buy the projector and regular housings...
Once things settle down with my build a bit, a low rise lighting solution will be put together, I intend on making a high quality surround as well, not just crappy open space... If it looks good enough, and there is enough interest, I will sell them.

MR2 Josh (from MR2OC) lives right down the road from me and has a popular MR2 low rise kit installed in his car. Ill be basing mine off of his kit

DSC02160.jpg

CMS-GT4

I am sure everyone is interested in an affordable solution. Especially since the cost of the 90mm hellas is good right now.

ZeroDrift

This would be a great improvement over stock lighting and I'm searching for options for my own car at this time. So it seems like this is the way to go! This will be several months out at the soonest as I've got other projects on the table at the moment. For those that wish to help, please take some pictures of the headlights, both with the light in and out, and any shrouds on and off. This would be more for someone with an ST185 as I own the ST165. As time goes on I will update this thread with progress.

fussellbug

All I would want in a kit is a pair of mounting brackets that hold the dual Hella lights and shortened lifting linkages to match the new headlight rise height. If someone could package these together, they'd probably sell well to all 5th gen Celica owners. (If they wanted to, the kit maker could also offer a full kit with lights and wiring included at a premium price due to the extra costs and time required.)

Example bracket made by NeelTec:

These are the dimensions for the Hella mounting plate used with 90mm light modules like the ones used by NeelTec:

l0ch0w

Post your findings! Id be down for a bracket too. It would save me the effort of having to make one myself...

CMS-GT4

I requested the plate and the arm modifier to change the rise height, since both would be needed.