Interchangeable seats within toyota family?

smog7

Will seats from st205 series celica's, 5th gen gts celica's, etc. bolt up to the stock mounting holes in st185 series all tracs? also what about back seats?

RedCelicaTRD

I've heard that st205 will, but that's going to be about it. Regular Celica seats will only fit three of the four bolt holes.

wizzards581

syko says":1bczxic8 said:
Regular Celica seats will only fit three of the four bolt holes.

have you tried it before? if the seating position is similar and the 3 bolts hold tight, it wouldnt hurt... :shrug:

WarTowels

But!

Does 1 bolt really equal 25%?

I doubt it.

I bet if you only had one bolt, you would be exponentially in greater danger than if you had 3 bolts i.e. not 75%.

But point taken, lol.

-Towels

mx6er2587

back seats from all hatch 4,5,6 gens will fit. Not sure about the coupes seats. Some may require you to swap the seat brackets.

I haven't personally tested 4th gens but the 6 gen seats in my st185 look really nice and fit almost perfect. The buckets on the 6g seats are slightly shallower and so there is a small gap between the floor and the bottom of the seat at the very front. You can't see it if your not looking for it and my girlfriend said she liked sitting in the 6g seats more then the 5th so I'm happy with them

grug

Hi everyone, I brought a set of Celica seats from a Japanese ST205 on ebay from wrecker about 1 1/2 ago. I was hoping to fit them to my Australian delivered ST185. Now after reading threads here and other forums on the internet Alltracs/GT4s should be interchangeable between models ST165, ST185, and ST205.

Anyway I finally went around to swap out my original seats today only to find that the seat rails from the supposed Jap model ST205 are completely different. The ST205 rails mount holes are about 40mm (1 1/2 inch) widers in the front and about 90mm (3 1/2 inch) wider in the rear because the outer rail is offset. So basically none of the bolt holes will line up with bolt holes, can't even get one in. Anybody run into this before???

Have I actually got ST205 seats? They are factory toyota seats and they do have "Celica" embossed on the front of them.
I had a little look at the mount points where the seat rear and back cashions are bolt to the rails and they are different. Is it possible to swap the rails?

grug

That contradicts what I read and what is posted above. Unfortunately it looks like I'll have to resell these.

CMS-GT4

He only mentions back seats, which are supposed to fit. Front are another animal. Maybe look to see if the rails can be swapped to resolve the issue?

cueiko1

Hi everyone!

I have 1987 celica Gts & celica alltrac 1988 i tried to switch front seats, but not fit, could you believe that? (both are 4th gen :D )