Project: Rebirth and Reinvention ST185

InitialD93

Well its been a long time since ive been on here, there are probably a few that remember me but most will not... I was here day one of the rebirth of this forum

Well long story short... My car became a problem child and a money pit... And the dream had to be put on indefinate hold when i left to go to school in 2006... It hasnt ran since then because alot of life has been in the way... Hasnt gotten much better but the money flow has improved. Well i will probably anger alot of purists here but i lost my faith in the 3S platform long ago, so here we go 7 or 8 years later its time for rebirth... Not the same as before, but with a new mission and alot more working knowledge and experience to feed the fire.

So lets start from here... April 1 2013... April Fools day to some...
My Garage: where projects go to die... Or atleast hibernate

87970922-FFE2-4F20-B865-9A5F90F8045F-6365-00000491F0F57B5C_zps1229efa7.jpg

B2A2619B-CEEF-46C4-B9AC-C2A6CDA321E2-6365-00000491F866DE83_zps3b9f038d.jpg

ED0BFCDC-F7BA-4AB1-937F-61F92FF2451B-6365-00000491FFB358FD_zpsceac6478.jpg

CMS-GT4

Your old wheels were much nicer, what happened?

So you have a 5k budget. Whats planned? You know you can run 275s in the rear pretty easy.

InitialD93

Still have the old wheels, you can kind of see them in the background of the first pic, just have the Prius wheels on there for storage purposes

InitialD93

CMS-GT4":5goey4kq said:
So you have a 5k budget. Whats planned? .

LSX 6.0 RWD is the plan... May end up being an auto temporarily just to get the swap done and running, much easier and cheeper to find the auto-trans than a t-56 in good shape... Just depends on how cheep i find my engine and wiring set up, if it starts life as an auto it will eventually get returned to manual later

CMS-GT4

Just a heads up, Justin Simpson's v8 celica uses the stock alltrac rear end, so that might save you some trouble in coming up with a solution. Also, there is a pretty big market of wider wheels in 5x100, so you might find some rear wheels that go with the ones you have to get more rubber on the ground. His build is on photobuckets so you can see some of his fabrication. I bet you are going to have to mess with the fire wall some.

InitialD93

Yeah i plan on using stock rear end, i expect quite a bit of cutting and fabbing to happen, ive got a friend thats going to help me with the fab work, but i would be interested in seeing some of Justins build pics... Ive only ever seen the finished product

InitialD93

Going LSX because there is plenty of supply and is proven reliable and easy to work on, like i said i have a budget to get this done, and its a proven transplant i to just about everything so finding adapters/parts/accys will be easy to find

CMS-GT4

MWP":13c8elvw said:
CMS-GT4":13c8elvw said:
Just a heads up, Justin Simpson's v8 celica uses the stock alltrac rear end

No it doesnt, it has a big G series diff (JZA70) & axles.

When I talked to him, he told me he was using a stock rear end and was ruining axle splines. That was a few years back, and he may have changed since then.

GT4times2

InitialD93":5de1k2qo said:
Well its been a long time since ive been on here, there are probably a few that remember me but most will not... I was here day one of the rebirth of this forum

Well long story short... My car became a problem child and a money pit... And the dream had to be put on indefinate hold when i left to go to school in 2006... It hasnt ran since then because alot of life has been in the way... Hasnt gotten much better but the money flow has improved. Well i will probably anger alot of purists here but i lost my faith in the 3S platform long ago, so here we go 7 or 8 years later its time for rebirth... Not the same as before, but with a new mission and alot more working knowledge and experience to feed the fire.

So lets start from here... April 1 2013... April Fools day to some...
My Garage: where projects go to die... Or atleast hibernate

Hey, Welcome back Dustin!!

Like many All Trac owners, these cars turn into garage queens. Other things in life become more important as we age, and I've been in the All Trac game for about 14 years now (7 All Tracs later (IIRC... :doh: ), I haven't lost any faith in the 3S platform). They just cost more than a 4G63 and SR20DET to make power, and have a weaker aftermarket. The day I do (lose faith in the 3S or have other plans that won't allow any time or money for the All Tracs), I will sell all my All Tracs.

For $5k (+ sale of car, you can get a decent platform that doesn't require a swap. I'm not angry that you're thinking of swapping a Corvette engine in such rare car, I'd just sell it and get something that already has that engine, and sell the All Trac to someone that would appreciate it for what it is... An AWD, 4 cyl turbo Rare Toyota, Rally Car. Sell and get a GTO or something. Cheap to find. Let an All Trac stay an All Trac.

^^^^ agreed!!!
but now if i was a fwd celica, i think this would be the perfect idea.. lots more work involved but does not change such a rare car!!! im planning on rwd in my st184!! i wanna run a caldina st215 with beams black top accessories such as sump, water outlets, alltrac rearend, etc...

underscore

celicast184":2ltnnxlk said:
^^^^ agreed!!!
but now if i was a fwd celica, i think this would be the perfect idea.. lots more work involved but does not change such a rare car!!! im planning on rwd in my st184!! i wanna run a caldina st215 with beams black top accessories such as sump, water outlets, alltrac rearend, etc...

I thought of doing that to my GTS, except I was going to do a MR swap