Sleeper`s 9 sec st165 :-)

sleeper

Klas":1w3c8bty said:
Congratulations Sleeper!
Have you by any chance had your car on a scale? I´m curious how much the weight is.

Hi,.

I had it on a scale about 3 years ago, and it was 1320kg.. IT should be about the same now..

Klas

1320kg seems light, have you done any modifications to make the car lighter?
Also, do you know how much coilovers weigh compare to the stock suspension on our cars?

Thanks.

sleeper

Klas":2g21ysca said:
1320kg seems light, have you done any modifications to make the car lighter?
Also, do you know how much coilovers weigh compare to the stock suspension on our cars?

Thanks.

Might be, but i have done quite a fe things to lighten the car ( things you can`t see by just looking at the car.. )

I will try to get it on the scale soon.

801Alltrac

So jealous ! When's your first track date ? Any new goals to the beast.
Keep it up , I'll keep dreamin about mine one day

sleeper

801Alltrac":16d3mxnu said:
So jealous ! When's your first track date ? Any new goals to the beast.
Keep it up , I'll keep dreamin about mine one day

Thanks,
I`m not shure when i can try again, there is only 1-2 times a year normal road cars can run here, so not easy to adjust to test here :doh:

BADNEWS

Which Transmission are you running? 165, 185, or 205? and any mods to the drivetrain other than clutch and welded diffs?

sleeper

rm2932":2noo4mfi said:
Which Transmission are you running? 165, 185, or 205? and any mods to the drivetrain other than clutch and welded diffs?

205 gearbox, 165 center diff ( "welded" ), Welded 165 rear diff.

As long as you take up the slack before launching it will hold..

BADNEWS

Do you have photos or in someway show/explain how you welded the center diff? My trans is all apart right now and I'm thinking of doing it or the Mario upgrade viscous coupling thing. I have the stock rear LSD and would rather upgrade that to the Cusco than to weld the rear one.

I really wish there was a front LSD available. Even if it was super high priced I'd buy it in a heart beat.

CMS-GT4

rm2932":134w3zsm said:
I really wish there was a front LSD available. Even if it was super high priced I'd buy it in a heart beat.

There is. Its 6 grand. Details posted in the lsd group buy faq.

sleeper

I don`t have any pictures of it, but there was a topic on it here a few years ago with pictures. the mod is not a easy\fast one... it will take some time but as long as you have the tools needed it`S not rocket science. ( you just use JB weld and weld all the 110 lsd discs together.

MWP

sleeper":2ub40z6w said:
205 gearbox, 165 center diff ( "welded" ), Welded 165 rear diff.

So why the 165 center, and not the 205 center?
Was it just the 165 VC you used, or the whole trans case?

sleeper

Used it because i wanted to keep the possebility of running it in 2wd or open diff mode.. nice feature to have if i wanted to check brakes, dyno in 2wd or just got tired of running it in locked mode.

sleeper

Hi.

No no not yet,
The car is in the garage for the winter. will be made a few minor adjustments to it. but not shure how far i will take it..
Might get a new ems system.

sleeper

801Alltrac":a9n8f6yh said:
How goes it sleeper

Hi.

I recently bought a 4wd hub dyno, and starting up on my own, so have`t had time to do anything to the 165.
Hope to get it on my dyno as soon as i get my shop set up.
So unfortunately nothing big have been done this winter :doh:

Klas

Nice!
Me and my brother have also looked at some dynos.
What brand did you go with? Dynapack?
Best wishes with your business.