Got my Cusco Rear LSD today!

BADNEWS

Got my Cusco Rear 1.5 LSD in the mail today from XIIImotorsports or member Klue on the board. Great price and great customer service. I will be going through him again if I need anything. Here are pics of it. Now i just need to install it.

Cusco1_zps1a4cde32.jpg

Cusco2_zpseb29fa67.jpg

timmey

Tacky question: how much was it all said-and-done? I'd love to get one, but I hear they cost an arm and a leg.

Cheers,

Timmey

BADNEWS

I installed it myself. Which wasn't that bad. So it's just the price you by it for then. I looked around and XIII Motorsports gave me the best price I could find. That is Klue on the board if you want to question him on a price. List is like $1640ish

I ordered part nubmer LSD 133 K15. That is a type MZ. The only difference between the LSD 133 K15 & LSD 133 K2 is the way they are configured from the factory.

K15= 1.5 way
K2 = 2 way

But you can take the diff apart and change it to either 1.5 or 2 way. It's adjustable.

If I had researched more before i bought mine, I would of know that the MZ style is almost never bought anymore cause everyone chooses the RS. The RS is suppose to be more streetable with the initial torque SLIGHTLY lower than the MZ but the way it is designed one set of clutch discs on the RS would last about 4 sets of discs in the MZ style. It is just a better design.

So if I were you I would order LSD 133 L15 or LSD 133 L2 based on how you want to try it your first time out.

The MZ unit has 16 discs total or 8 discs per side. I'm not sure about the RS.

timmey

Thanks for the info.

It is always hard to put into words, but how would you say the car drives vs an OEM?

Timmey

BADNEWS

I hear it try to engage but I have so little miles on it. I have been having issues with my car so I have been dealing with that more than driving for fun. And after last night I think my rear main seal is leaking, so it won't be for awhile till I get to that point to have feed back for you.

Sorry. This build is a headache this time.

90CelicaGt4

I am also hoping to get a Cusco LSD for myself too. I think i will be going 1.5way RS, it seems like the better option for my more "streetable" needs

WARNING EXTREEM NOOB QUESTION: the other parts in the photos (not in the box) are they aditional purchases or come with it? I was looking at RHDJapan.com and notice they picture them with it but they dont make mention of it, they also picture a container of oil. Just wanting to know what i should "expect" or need to get aditionally.

Cheers
Dean

BADNEWS

Everything in the picture comes with it. I ordered their gear oil but you can use whatever you want as long as it has a LSD additive in it. I would contact "Klue" on the board here to purchase it. Save yourself some money. Cusco doesn't stock these. They are made once you order it. So it is like a 2 month wait to receive it from the time you order it. Just so you know what to expect.

szuti

I just bought this 2 way rear differential for my ST205 time attack car. This is brand new, similar like Cusco. One old man made it in Hungary. He built a lot for hungarian rally championship. Price is 1100$ but can be cheaper if there is a lot of interest just need to send the original differential because he needs to prepare the housing for the differential. I have 1 spare for sale with housing and everything for 1300$ If interesting just let me know. I can send pictures if you need.

BADNEWS

szuti":3uuvzl3d said:
I just bought this 2 way rear differential for my ST205 time attack car. This is brand new, similar like Cusco. One old man made it in Hungary. He built a lot for hungarian rally championship. Price is 1100$ but can be cheaper if there is a lot of interest just need to send the original differential because he needs to prepare the housing for the differential. I have 1 spare for sale with housing and everything for 1300$ If interesting just let me know. I can send pictures if you need.

Cusco now sells for $1200 brand new and no need for a core. They dropped their price.