jeff's frankenstien 3rd gen 3sgte build (new heat exchanger)

monkey8oi

thanks.. currently running a hydra nemesis.. after the turbo swap tonight, we'll have it retuned and should finally have some hp numbers..

MWP

monkey8oi":3qyfyluk said:
finally installed the front sway bar and sourced together parts for my adjustable front end links.. here are a couple pics of the endlinks..
3_zpseda0bcfc.jpg

No spring washers or nylock nuts. Bad :doh:

monkey8oi

MWP":3qzkgm90 said:
monkey8oi":3qzkgm90 said:
finally installed the front sway bar and sourced together parts for my adjustable front end links.. here are a couple pics of the endlinks..
3_zpseda0bcfc.jpg

No spring washers or nylock nuts. Bad :doh:

thanks for the heads up.. i'll get some this weekend..

88gt4DE

Hate to re-wind on ya. nice work btw . I think I may need to do a motor change as well and I like the 205 intercooler setup. How much hassle was it to figure out the wiring to use in the 165 ?

monkey8oi

Wiring wasn't too much of an issue.. I used most of the 165 sensors to avoid swapping out plugs on the harness.. I did have to swap the plugs on the injectors and a couple other things.. I think the easiest way for u to do the swap is get a whole motor with harness and ecu.. It'll make life a whole lot easier. I didn't have that luxury..

88gt4DE

monkey8oi":1qappocs said:
Wiring wasn't too much of an issue.. I used most of the 165 sensors to avoid swapping out plugs on the harness.. I did have to swap the plugs on the injectors and a couple other things.. I think the easiest way for u to do the swap is get a whole motor with harness and ecu.. It'll make life a whole lot easier. I didn't have that luxury..

So you used the 165 harness and 205 motor ... I'm assuming. I've read that even getting everything you still have to incorporate the two harnesses together. I like that you were able to get it working without though. I may try this ...

monkey8oi

88gt4DE":3jq0sa7u said:
monkey8oi":3jq0sa7u said:

So you used the 165 harness and 205 motor ... I'm assuming. I've read that even getting everything you still have to incorporate the two harnesses together. I like that you were able to get it working without though. I may try this ...

it's best if you have both harnesses.. allows you to have all the plugs needed..

monkey8oi

finally got the borg warner s252 turbo installed.. wasn't a straight bolt on and needed some fabricating done.. first off, the turbo hit the trans which did not allow the turbo to bolt on correctly.. to fix the problem, we grinded down a part of the trans housing.. here's a pic of what it looks like now..

other than that, the turbo install required buying a couple AN fittings but all in all, it worked out.. screemer pipe is really close to the radiator but does not touch.. the midpipe will require a little modification because it didn't quite reach the downpipe so i will have an extension welded on this weekend.

here's a pic of the turbo installed.

monkey8oi

car will be taken to be dyno tuned next weekend so i should have some numbers after that, then it's off to another toyotafest!!!