'94 st205 fwd swap?

l_lauer_76

First of all, I hope this is where a question like this goes. This is a whole new world compared to DSMtuners.com, so please bear with me, and move this thread wherever it belongs. That said:

I recently bought a 94 celica shell. I've read about some killer 'gt4' swaps out there, but after doing research decided all the extra fab work for the AWD system is not for me. On the other hand, I see that it is possible to do these cars in a FWD pattern that doesn't need nearly as much fab work. What all does this swap entail? What all will I need?

So far, I have a shell. I have an st205 sourced and ready to ship to the states. That includes wiring harness, ecu, and tranny. from what Ive read I wont be needing the tranny, but one from a v6 camry? what else will I need? any help is good help.

Remember, I come from a DSM background.. so I'm not new to turbos or fixing cars in general.. just haven't been around a whole lot of 'yotas.

Thanks in advance guys.
Logan

underscore

Jut how much of a shell is your 94? If it has a tranny and axles you should be able to reuse those, however the transmission from the MR2/Camry is better IIRC (MR2 had an LSD option). You can also convert the AWD transmission to FWD by swapping on an MR2 diff.

l_lauer_76

It's a full car. The motor has bad compression, so it's on it's way out. The tranny has upwards of 150k, so I have no desire to reuse this tired old thing. I got a pretty solid deal on it. $700 and no rust or serious body damage.

l_lauer_76

Nooo, haha that's the car i purchased in the states. The 3gste is sourced from a dealer in japan. Sorry about the confusion.

l_lauer_76

Currently in the process of selling my 425whp Talon Tsi to free up some funds. hopefully it sells this weekend. If that sounds like something you'd be interested in, let me know. haha ill keep the tranny in mind. Thank you!

l_lauer_76

Alright, doing a little more research. It looks like im going to need to order a whole front clip?
that will include the gt-4 motor mounts which will help with fitment issues that the stock GT ones wont fit?
Also it will come with shifter linkage that gets rid of shifting issues and fitment issues?
Next I will need to track down an e153 or mr2 tranny and find the proper axles? anything else im going to need?

This is definitely more complicated than working on a dsm.. :bangshead: