2.Theman88b
3. thespen
4.splitfiremk16
5.muskokagt4
6.alltrac101
7. l00k0v3rth3r3
8.l0ch0w
9.fhalperformance

GOOD shit! Lets get this going. I'm going to the machine shop tomorrow to get the read diff kits, and leaving a deposit for the engine mounts so we can get this going. I am expecting within the month these will be done!

cgtdream

alright i confirmed on my own that the 185 and 205 use the same mounts/mount locations...Seeing as you guys dont have a 10th yet, please add me as a 10th. Sending payment now!

aus jd 2703

205/185 mounts arnt the same. I had to swap them all to 185 so it would fit in my 185.. The inserts in the mounts might be the same but the mounts complete. Are not interchangeable.

cgtdream

aus jd 2703":3ab666zc said:
205/185 mounts arnt the same. I had to swap them all to 185 so it would fit in my 185.. The inserts in the mounts might be the same but the mounts complete. Are not interchangeable.

You are correct sir..Just did a toyodiy comparison and stock for stock pic comparison and what you say fits....the actual insert are interchangable, but the mounts themselves are not...so now the question is. Are these just the inserts or a complete mount?

klue

cgtdream":3owg5yfj said:
aus jd 2703":3owg5yfj said:

You are correct sir..Just did a toyodiy comparison and stock for stock pic comparison and what you say fits....the actual insert are interchangable, but the mounts themselves are not...so now the question is. Are these just the inserts or a complete mount?

We are doing INSERTS, I could produce a whole mount of billet, but the cost would at least quadruple for no gain. From a practical standpoint the stock housing is more than sufficient it is the inset that fails. I have a set of 205 mounts in storage, does any one have any handy and can post up some pics?

Luke

cgtdream

Alright pics of set of TRD ones.....And yes the rightside mount is wayy different from the alltracs...But the others are same dimension (inserts wise at least)

klue

Yea the right definitely looks different, familiar as i have worked on a few 205s before.
We could make that mount, but it would require building the entire mount.

cgtdream

To be completely honest, i have no idea if that mount would even need to be replaced...ive never seen a design like that before..any ideas on if it would even need to be replaced?

klue

cgtdream":c3nx813l said:
To be completely honest, i have no idea if that mount would even need to be replaced...ive never seen a design like that before..any ideas on if it would even need to be replaced?

on a track car, weight for sure.

cgtdream

So you are saying you could make a more durable yet lightweight mount in its place? If so that would be awesome, considering how heavy that one piece is.

klue

cgtdream":3nhkemq7 said:
So you are saying you could make a more durable yet lightweight mount in its place? If so that would be awesome, considering how heavy that one piece is.

In short, YES.
To justify it we would need enough orders to make the price not one off cost. As well as time to prototype, test, before we release.

cgtdream

Makes sense...in the meantime im still down for a set (of four i guess) of your current mounts. If anything i can be a guinea pig on if they fit and work correctly on the 205's..

Even down to be a test pig for a fourth if it comes to it...

klue

1. GT4_DRED
2.Theman88b
3. thespen
4.splitfiremk16
5.muskokagt4
6.alltrac101
7. l00k0v3rth3r3
8.l0ch0w
9.fhalperformance
10.cgtdream

10 on the list!

klue

Went by the shop today to figure out how we want these to fit. They will be press fit, as get it square and tap in with a soft hammer or block of wood.
Material is on order as soon as it arrives production is go!

l0ch0w

If they wind up being off centered for whatever reason, will you include match marks on them? or some sort of way to locate them?

klue

l0ch0w":3j5pe8hc said:
If they wind up being off centered for whatever reason, will you include match marks on them? or some sort of way to locate them?

They will be centered, chamfer on both sides so you can install either way

klue

We use black acetal not white. They will only be available in white. You could probably paint them with a plastic paint or plastidip if you really wanted