Wire Connector ID (Green plug), Fuse box headlight relay...

Fox 21 Alpha

Wondering if you guys can help me figure out where this goes? I've looked all over and through the wiring diagrams and can't find shit.

Where it comes from

Was also wondering what this gray connector is?

And I can't find the headlight relay connector. I believe after reading some diagrams there should be a wire from open space in the corner of the gray connector right next to it that should run to the relay?

Open connector slot

Bonus points

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GET THIS SOB IN? Everytime I put it in the rubber liner gets pulled under the plastic one, or it won't seat up, or the catch won't seat in. I've spent 2 hours on this little piece of shit and its almost the last thing holding me up and getting the car on the road after 3 years. It looks like the neck isn't seated right, but I've jimmed the gas tank around and restrapped it in place and nothing seems to change, it seems to sit where it sits...

Tecker185

When I put my gas tank in I left that rubber piece in place. So when I put the tank in I put the filler neck I first.

The blue plug looks like it goes to some sort of switching valve, evap canister or something?

The gray one could be the plug that is on the speedo cable.

Anoo21

Green/blue plug seems like it looks like the coil plug. The others i dont know but hope i helped. if wrong i do apologize.

Fox 21 Alpha

Sorry, its a stock 3SGTE 91, minus the turbo and stuff I changed out reassembling it. The gray one actually looks like its a cap on the end of it that jumps the two wires, as there is no place to connect wires to it and it looks like it has spades in it though. Seems really odd to be hanging where it is unless its used for diagnostics or something.

I was thinking the green one is for TVIS or something of the sort in that back area of the head but can't find anything for the life of me. It is slightly oily like it was in that area.

jaydog82

Ya the green one could be for the tivis, its very hard to reach from the top. If there are no problems then don't worries about the gray one

phattyduck

The gray plug may be the condenser (capacitor) for the igniter/coil assembly. If it has a little clip/mount as part of it, it might go on the igniter/coil assembly nearby.

Wire colors for each plug will help greatly in diagnosing where they go.

-Charlie

Fox 21 Alpha

Checked my ignitor and coil assembly, they appear to have all their plugs. The wires are black with a yellow stripe and blue with a red stripe. Connector gets 12volts at idle. My car is idling and running like shit, not really drive able.

Also changed out the headlight relay with a new one with no success. Everything else light related works fine including high beams. I'm at a loss on both...

Fox 21 Alpha

Connector is the turbo VSV. Its on the back driver's side of the block. Right next to the blue canister. I can't explain how hard it was to find and see, let alone put that connector in. 3 hours with two people, the front right wheel removed for primary access, and my helper using a long thin pry bar to help from above its in. I think I mighta fractured my arm from contorting it around to get up there. It was bad. But its on, and it didn't make a difference. Turns out my ECU pins for injector 1 & 2 had pulled out, so I was running on two cylinders :twisted:

If anyone ever needs help getting to that connector, PM I guess. If its 10 years later and I don't exist on this board, in the BGB around FI-67/87 something like that they have a picture of all the VSV valves and stuff, and then there's a page of the turbo VSV with a picture of it. Good luck.

Still no idea what goes out from below the headlight relay on the fuse box. Anyone with a stock fusebox willing to go out and snap a picture of the bottom of theirs? :)

alltracman78

That has nothing to do with your headlight problem.
Your relay isn't causing the problem.........
And the relay doesn't have a single connector, it uses 3 or 4 different ones.
I already told you this shit over on celicatech...................................................

Check the bulbs, but it's probably your switch [on the steering wheel].

Fox 21 Alpha

I changed the headlights, it was the bulb. I know the relay has 4 outputs its self. I'm talking about on the bottom of the fuse box, whats circled in red and blue. I can see maybe something not being where its circled blue (even though it has a pin). But I have a hard time believing nothing goes where it's circled red though. Wiring diagrams from what I can understand make the only logical connection go from that blade out put to the relay, which without cutting my fusebox in half would be where that gray connector is. Diagrams also show a connector going in the slot where the red circle is. I currently have it jumpered and everything works. Didn't try it without the jumper yet cause I didn't wanna mess with it but I suppose next time I get a chance I can try.

alltracman78

There's nothing circled in red or blue.....
Neither of those places is supposed to have a wire, they're both blanks.
You don't have to cut your fusebox in half, it comes apart.
You either can't read wiring diagrams or have the wrong one, neither pin has anything to do with the headlights. Or with any other circuit for that matter. And I don't see what your fixation with your jumper is; your low beams weren't working, then you replaced the bulbs and they were. Pretty simple deduction..............................................

Fox 21 Alpha

I know the fuse box comes in half. There's still shit under inbetween those two sections. I have the right diagrams, I know how to read them. They aren't a solve all. My headlights work. Thanks for your help.

alltracman78

The shit inbetween comes apart too.

And if you think the diagrams are telling you there are supposed to be wires there; either they're crappy diagrams or you don't know how to read them.
The only good diagram is the factory wiring manual. It has all the connectors and everything explicitly diagrammed out.
And it clearly shows there are no wires there.