Rear Swaybar Endlinks Upgrade?

FabZ

i dont want to raise it to stock height, just a like a inch and half so the front suspensions arms wont be upside down. and the coilover coils are bigger than the oem suspension so i'm not sure it would fit even raised, and i lost a nut on the oem endlink since the sway bar is thicker.

so basically, i want to get those endlinks so i wont even have any issues whatever how i set my suspension.

Mafix

well...
the only option i see is building yourself a set.
(bt bfh i meant body clearence, but i've got a mental pic of your issue)

do the bc's have mounts on both sides of the housing?

FabZ

The BC brackets are CRAP i am actually cutting and modifying all of them..and klue has some two r us end links. Im waiting for a shipping quote

bmt

You can make sway bar links using two male threaded rod ends and a coupling nut, (It's a long nut designed to connect threaded rod), with some jam nuts to lock them off. That way you can dial in the length perfect. Just do them both the same!!!!

Use quality grade 8 hardware to bolt them on. You will need heim spacers to prevent binding on the rod end. 3/8" or 10mm will work for the rod ends just make sure you get the matching nuts. FYI a 10mm rod end has a hole in the end for a 10mm bolt, and for a 3/8" rod end it has a hole in the end for a 3/8" bolt. You can buy all of this stuff in Stainless steel if you want or zinc coated steel.

Buy quality stuff and you wont break them unless you hit something!!

monkey8oi

Got my parts in to make adjustable endlinks. parts are from www.McMaster.com

Part #4483T331 (2 Each High-strength Ball Joint Rod End, M10 X 1.5 Rh Male Thrd Sz,10mm Ball Id,29mm L Thrd)
Part #4483T431 (2 Each High-strength Ball Joint Rod End, M10 X 1.5 Rh Female Thrd,10mm Ball Id,21mm L Thrd)

Total came out to about $60shipped.

Then i had to get (x8) 3/8Heim spacers off ebay. $8shipped.

here's the problem i had..
The ball joint rod ends from mcmaster were in metric so the bolt that fits in the end were 10mm BUT the Heim spacers hole is 3/8 in diameter so the bolt would not fit. Simple fix=grab a drill and and this from lowes;
2_zpse9c90783.jpg

The end results are;
3_zpseda0bcfc.jpg

1_zps72979cae.jpg

monkey8oi

I wasnt able to find any 10mm heim spacers anywhere. They are used to keep the ball joint ends from binding into the bolt head. Without them, they wouldn't be able to pivot around freely.

Domspun

Andy":1gimkml0 said:
The 'Ebay" link to the Mercedes rear sway bar links is dead.

Does anyone have the Mercedes part number for these?

Mercedes $32 (Non Adjustable)
? part number

I know the Mercedes ones were $32 back in '05. I've put over 30k miles on a set of them and they're doing just fine. But the ebay link is dead and I can't find the Mercedes part number for them. We need another set for a different Alltrac.

Does anyone know the Mercedes part number?

Thanks,
Andy

Does anybody know from which Mercedes they came from? I need rear ones and I would like reliability since it's my daily driver and harsh winters.

Meenya

Corey Darling":10fhcasv said:
Has anyone used the Miata endlinks with the whiteline rear sway bar?

For soft and med setting it's fine but it might not work for hard setting...links appear to be too long, but I haven't actually tried to set it to hard setting yet..

mx6er2587

I used to make and sell adjustable stainless steel heim joint endlinks. My links used two female joints so they're too long for the front links on the alltrac but work great on the rear.

I used teflon coated rod ends so no lube needed and no rusting up. I never bothered with heim spacers but you certainly could.

I might still have a few sets kicking around the garage if anyone is interested.

YerRandO

Corey Darling":2lqpfmz0 said:
Has anyone used the Miata endlinks with the whiteline rear sway bar?

I have 949 racing miata endlinks with a whiteline adjustable rear sway bar on stock suspension

Corey

The 949 racing endlinks are heim joint right?

I tried the Racing beat poly endlinks - no go. Not even close.

I'm back to using tried and true OEM endlinks with the whiteline sway bar. They still work, even on the hardest setting.

Gents.

Long time no post for me. I've been interrupted by "life"

Corey, when I put in the Whiteline swaybar a few years back, I used the Racing Beat endlinks as it was an option I read about in posts on here back then. The other option is making your own using McMaster components.

Long story short, in the medium setting, the links work but aren't perfect. On my stock suspension, from time to time the bar binds on the stupid brake line bracket, which isn't a good thing. Looks like it needs to be longer and the Racing Beat links are at its max length already.

Funny that some people were able to make them work without binding issues. I think I will have to do the McMaster route unless mx6er2587 found a set he mentions.

Meenya

Twosrus sells them as well they offer 2 options:
Chrome plated or Full SS...you can find it on their website.