decisions decisions

celicadude93

Hello everyone. Just wanted to put a message up about what i should do with one of my tracs. Couple weeks atgo picked up my second alltrac for 1100. Body has 196000 but it came with a pile of bills from Toyota so everything mechanically including the engine and turbo and a bunch of other maintenance. So my problem is 1 is needing a clutch very bad and 2 the thing came from Wisconsin and has a scary amount of rust to the underbody. The plan was to have someone else do the clutch and slowly do the rust and give it to my little brother as a gift then me and him could have matchin red alltracs but with the clutch so labor intensive and the rust so bad starting to rethink whether i should even bother. Sorry for the long rant. Everybody i know just sees these things as another car so thought id ask what you guys think since everyone here appreciates the value of them. Once again sorry for the rant guys

quieter

if the rust is that bad just part it out. take off the seats and carpet and look if it progressed through the underpanel or not. good luck man!!!

celicadude93

Ended up spending a hundred bucks on sheet metal today. Had to replace the whole rear floor. Next weekend the passenger front will be replaced then clutch time unfortunately. Pulled the carpet back and there was like only the seat mounts and no floor

celicadude93

Ya it takes forever. Shaping and fitting the metal and welding it took way longer than i was expecting. I give everybody who does body work so much credit. The patience involved is ridiculous