What reliable company or website to buy an engine/clip from?

Anoo21

I am keeping my alltrac running but hopefully sometime soon i want to get another 3rd gen 3sgte st205 motor and tans to build. Where have previous owners purchased your motors and was shipping and getting it off the trucks and things a pain? thanks

spitfiremk16

Bought an st185 engine and honda civic trans for my daily driver from jdmenginezone.com in new jersey and had good luck with them. Bought an st205 engine from jdmenginedepot.com and it was a dud. I would highly recommend jdmenginezone. Theyre good guys to deal with and shipping isnt too bad. I drove down there when i bought my engine and trans and they let me hand pick the one i wanted! :-D

anothergt4

I bought my rc front clip from rpmgarage.com the transaction and price were good but the motor had rust in cylinder 2 I believe, this was ok for me though as I just bored it and bought oversized pistons. All of the other parts on the car were in great working order so I cannot complain too much.

killemalltrac

I got my 205 clip from www.jwsportcars.com. He is doing the swap in my 165. I got a good price on the clip and he fired it up and ran it before we payed for it. He even went down to the supplier to pick it up for me... No shipping fee. Pretty awesome and it has really low mileage.

lumbercis

Ask if they have the original gauge cluster with the engine for all the motors they are selling. If not, buy elsewhere.

killemalltrac

lumbercis":39md9c23 said:
Ask if they have the original gauge cluster with the engine for all the motors they are selling. If not, buy elsewhere.
Another good reason to buy a half cut. Plus you get a lot of parts to sell off afterwards. Like the ST205 cluster I have for sale haha!

Anoo21

Awesome guys thanks. I finally have another car to daily so I can work on the alltrac. Bad thing is I live in landlocked kansas, so I have to get it shipped.

sinerasis

You guys know a decent place to get a 1st gen motor? Kinda decided I wanna keep the original look.

The few local places to me have lots of 2nd/3rd gens, and it kinda seems like getting one through any of them would just be luck if one showed up.

eBay looks kinda sketchy, most everything is mislabeled anyway...

killemalltrac

sinerasis":38iwpiz3 said:
You guys know a decent place to get a 1st gen motor? Kinda decided I wanna keep the original look.

The few local places to me have lots of 2nd/3rd gens, and it kinda seems like getting one through any of them would just be luck if one showed up.

eBay looks kinda sketchy, most everything is mislabeled anyway...

I have a 1st gen motor for sale... PM me