What is safe to push (PSI/Horse) on fresh head?

1337computing

Head is rebuilt with chrome molly rings and cometic head gasket. A lot of other things were replaced when it was apart to and if not replaced was checked to make sure it was within spec. Pretty much saying it's is fresh and healthy. Right now everything is pretty much stock except for mods listed in signature. What is safe to push on stock turbo? I read that the ct26 can only handle to about 16lbs. At this point is it worth it or are you just pushing hot air and is it safe for the engine without head studs?

Mid winter I'm hoping to upgrade the turbo along with a fmic. Again is this safe for the engine without head studs? I'm not looking to go huge or push a rediculous amount but would like to get to the 250 - 300hp range. It's a fresh head and I really dont wanna pull back apart to put studs in.

Let me know what you guys think.

quieter

if your going 15 psi+ you should change the head studs and get a metal headgasket (which you have), better be safe than sorry. you will get max 260 hp out of your ct26 with a fuel cut defender (ecu cuts fuel at 14.7), standalone ($$$), fmic like you mentionned (unless wta with good pump and heat exchanger), 3 inch exhaust and 3 inch downpipe. theres restriction because of the exhaust so if you got a stock one dont go over 12 psi. if you want to hit 300hp start shopping lol, if you want to stick with stock turbos ct20b is a nice upgrade, theres also the supra ct26 from a 7mgte ( not sure) or a ct27. dont go buy those cheap turbos from ebay. and of course if you get a standalone which are 1000-2000 for a plug and play one then your going to need a wideband unless it comes with it and you wont be needing a fuel cut defender and speed limit defender (if jdm swap) i might of forgot a couple of things