Mishimoto st185

gtfourdreams

i have the mishimoto on my ST185 with standard green coolant and an aftermarket fan. (just a single one on the driverside of the rad). The last few track events I did were mostly 35-50mph and 90% in top of 2nd gear. in 80 degree weather and a hot track, I was only able to drive for 10-15 minutes before the temp gauge started going up (slowly). I think the problem is with overall airflow at those low speeds. The stock alltrac bumper is much too restrictive. I plan to get an ST185RC bumper and better dual fans to hopefully address the issue. I've done some hard driving at faster speeds (55-90mph) without any issues. hope that helps you guys.

underscore

my AutoPwr rad uses a Mishimoto cap because an OEM one wouldn't fit, so unless Mishimoto has a few different sizes of cap, anything that fit OEM won't work on a Mishi.

CSAlltrac

I can sadly report that the Mishimoto rad. is now leaking. The leak is at the filler neck where it meets the tank. I did a little research and it looks to be a very common issue with the other car communities. Most of them say Mishimoto is a breeze to deal with for warranties though, we shall see. The cap Mishimoto supplies is another very common complaint I found and is easy to see why. Very cheap stamped sheet metal. Ill be looking for a different cap I can use as well. Hopefully they have revised the design and have a welded on fill neck instead. Can't say I'm to pleased considering I purchased only last April.

CSAlltrac

This was just off idle warm up. When I drive it sprays all over my wrinkle black. It's gay.
null_zpsd08be631.jpg

Droptop93

Hmmmm does this change your view on their product? I think I'm gonna order one over a standard one from the parts store, still undecided..

My current radiator is leaking just sitting in driveway not even pressurised due to not running atm

CSAlltrac

I still think its a very good radiator for the cost. It performs well it just has a couple downfalls. Mishimoto is awesome with their warranties and definatley stand behind their product. My new one is on its way and I only had to pay shipping for it.

Meurz

It's not THAT bad when it's the radiator. But what if it happens to your rods? Sorry bout your short block, we'll send a replacement rod! I'd rather have something that won't break instead of nice customer care when it breaks. :shrug:

Hope your new rad holds up longer. :)

CSAlltrac

The radiator is fixable. It wasn't anything catastrophic or something that made the rad. junk. Flaws happen, especially on an assembly line.

kn0wledge185

CSAlltrac":309fzl68 said:
The radiator is fixable. It wasn't anything catastrophic or something that made the rad. junk. Flaws happen, especially on an assembly line.
Hey csalltrac what fans did you use on your rad...... Reason I'm asking just recived my mishimoto rad and Two 12' slim fans but I forgot to get the universal kit for the fans....

CSAlltrac

I'm using the stock fan, it bolts right on with little effort. They told me it welded from inside. If it happens again that's all I'm going to do is weld the outside of it. Pretty easy fix.