ST205 ecu into ST165

knowitalls

Just saw this on the Tweakdperformance website.
http://www.tweakdperformance.com/onlinestore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4&products_id=30

Ok, so the wires go to the correct places, thats awesome. What about the ST205 using larger 540cc injectors? What about the turbocharger differences? What else am I not thinking of here? TVIS?

Yes, in theory, plugging in an ecu thats tuned for ~245 hp sounds like a REALLY good bang for the buck but what's the catch? Do you have to switch injectors and maybe even the fuel pump to get it to run correctly?

Has anyone done this?

built2run

You still need the coil and igniter and yes the injectors and a tvis delete I would recommend the ats delete also the intake temp sensor and the map sensor all from the 205.

And that's 245 bhp and also on a much different head/cams and different turbo but yes indeed it's a better setup than stock

built2run

I did however do very very well on the stock ecu..... And there is also a way to delete the afm and be able to have some tuning for about 500-600 bucks and the stock ecu

knowitalls

built2run":iwyf41eq said:
I did however do very very well on the stock ecu..... And there is also a way to delete the afm and be able to have some tuning for about 500-600 bucks and the stock ecu

Do tell!

built2run

It's using a gm3 bar map, gm intake temp sensor and a harness ads pert with a translator that retails for around 300-400

It's not plug and play and it does require a lot of tuning but you can't have it all I guess lol, regardless for 600 bucks or so and some time to get it dialed in isn't really all that bad

knowitalls

built2run":2gdghkm0 said:
It's using a gm3 bar map, gm intake temp sensor and a harness ads pert with a translator that retails for around 300-400

It's not plug and play and it does require a lot of tuning but you can't have it all I guess lol, regardless for 600 bucks or so and some time to get it dialed in isn't really all that bad

If you were running the stock ECU, how did you do the tuning?

built2run

That and well placed resistors throughout the harness at certain sensors actually looking back it was kind of a pain in the ass and took a while to dial in

knowitalls

built2run":13d24d1c said:
That and well placed resistors throughout the harness at certain sensors actually looking back it was kind of a pain in the ass and took a while to dial in

Do you think I could get similar results if i used a SAFC to do the tuning?

built2run

Possibly but honestly I've become more liking of the AEM bits. Like say a AEM FIC it's a piggy back and is relatively cheap at around 400 bucks then you can do a lot more without the ECU getting upset much. That's going to be the easiest way about it. And if you don't do your own tuning (usually you shouldn't if your not properly trained or experienced) almost every tuner knows their way around AEM electronics

Theman88b

Any more information on this? I am very interested if you ended up trying this? Can we compile a list of what is needed? I would love to get rid of the AFM! Mainly I want to get a SMS but all they seem to make them for is the ST205.

knowitalls

You still need the coil and igniter and yes the injectors and a tvis delete I would recommend the ats delete also the intake temp sensor and the map sensor all from the 205.

And that's 245 bhp and also on a much different head/cams and different turbo but yes indeed it's a better setup than stock

So, the parts needed are:

550cc injectors
coil
ignitor
intake temp sensor
map sensor
TVIS delete

Will the gen 3 fuel rail fit on the st165? How do I wire up the map sensor and the intake temp sensor to my st165 harness?

Pipedreams

Another way that I did on one of my st185s is using the MAF from the st185rc/carlos sainz and 550cc injectors on stock ecu. If I remember correctly I also ran E85 on that setup. The only other mods were a fuelpump, ct20turbo and a 3inch exhaust all the way. Worked great.
The st205 injectors won´t fit st165 since they are sidefeed and st165 are topfeed. But I think that Mitsu EVO 6-9 oem injectors fits right in and they are also 550cc.