Looking at Buying a 1991 Celica GT-Four ST185

bleach

I am looking at buying this car, What are the things to look out for. (besides the standard used car checks.)

I will be looking for a new door for it, can I use a door off a Non-GT-Four and a left hand drive car? (my body skills sucks.)

Heres the info I have, the guy had to put new seal/bearings in the rear diff.

JDM right hand drive
Lowered on adjustable D2 coilovers w/matching wheels
Completely new exhaust 3" pipe
K&N cold air intake
New spark plugs/wiring
New sway bars/links
CT26 Twin entry turbo
159,000km
Comes with 2 extra summer tires and 4 studded winters on the stock celica rims
Motor, suspension, tires/rims and interior in excellent condition. Minor denting on the passenger door (only visible if the sun reflects off of it, shown in pictures)

$%28KGrHqRHJFcFJLvBh5fJBSV2I9nK%28Q~~48_20.JPG

$T2eC16dHJIIFHJ3veJeoBSV2I-6Krg~~48_20.JPG

$%28KGrHqN,!jcFELPZTbc8BSV2JByU9w~~48_20.JPG

$%28KGrHqVHJBMFJGRIwrwkBSV2JGG%28hg~~48_20.JPG

underscore

I think technically the doors are compatible, but the 185 door has extra reinforcements and helps to stiffen the chassis.

bleach

Ok, Good thing I have a line on a Alltrac/GT-four door for $150. (I know of a few normal Celica around with cheaper doors.)

Nothing really to worries about with these cars, how is getting parts for it?

Thanks.

MWP

underscore":hv2bdg5i said:
I think technically the doors are compatible, but the 185 door has extra reinforcements and helps to stiffen the chassis.

You sure about this?

It doesnt sound like something Toyota would do.

[edit]
Just looked up 184 vs 185 doors in the EPCs, there are no differences.
Even narrow-body doors are identical to wide-body doors.

bleach

Ok, thank you. sounds like for the lack of reply's there are very few common problems with this car.

underscore

I'm getting the 182, 183 and 185 having the same subassembly and door skin, but not the 184 when I look in the EPC. If the dents are minor I wouldn't bother changing the door out just yet anyways, I'd wait and see what else the car might need first.

I spoke to the mechanic that did all the work to the car while my friend owned it, it has a Comp flywheel and clutch and it had all the timing work done at the same time about a year and a half ago. It's also had all the suspension/hubs/control arms/etc replaced on the passenger side due to a run in with a curb a few years back.

bleach

Well I maybe buying this car for $4000, what do you guy's think good or bad? He did have it listed at $6000.

I can't help to think it would be a good sleeper.

bleach

pintoBC_5sfte":1w55n388 said:
buy it! you in the okanagan area?

No, somewhere else. :p It's MINE, I will have it check out first then I am going to grab it. should be a fun car.

bleach

The dent will be hard for me to pull, but the frame is fine. (it's a wide glancing dent. that the best way I can described it. )

On Thursday we are going to put it on a hoist, it the rust is minor. I am going to buy it.