Steering wheel suggestions

polm

Hey guys,
I'd like to change my steering wheel. I've browsed the net a lot and have also looked up the steering wheel thread on here but I'm not convinced I really found what I'm looking for. I'm not really into the 4 spoke design but if you know something that stands out please post it. I'd like something not too flashy that would fit the era of the car properly. I'm not into suede mainly because I drive my car a lot and don't want my wheel to look like crap because I won't wear gloves most of the time. I like the momo mod 8 and monte carlo as well as the sparco 345 and most of the deep dish nardis. From what I've heard the ideal size seems to be around the 350mm range so that's what I'm mainly considering. I already have a momo hub. My budget is limited to 250$ max and I have no problem buying it used if I find something I like. I hope this will help others choose too.
I'd like to hear your opinion and thoughts.
Thanks! :D
Pierre

Meurz

Nardi Deep corn! :notworthy:

nardiwheel2.jpg

polm

Meurz":fykil17h said:
Nardi Deep corn! :notworthy:

nardiwheel2.jpg
Wow that really looks fabulous! New its priced at 350$ ish though, I'll see if I can find a used one for a good price! Thanks for the pic!

warracer

+1 for the nardi , I love mine! :D

MOMO OEM toyota wheel are also really cool, they can be found at those shady jdm shop in montreal for 100$

Also, momo corse which is epic

phattyduck

I'm partial to the MOMO Race:

MO-RCE35BK1B.jpg

And MOMO Competition:

Item%20014.jpg

Mostly because I have owned both. :D

The styles are a little new for an ST185 (they are late 90's originally, I think), but they look good and are pretty subtle if that's what you are into. I have about 50k miles on an '05 Competition now and it looks pretty much new still, only slight pulling back of the leather at the seams with no other leather wear.

-Charlie

polm

They both look very nice too, though I don't really like the ring around the horn on the race wheel. I think it looks better without. The competition is very nice!

phattyduck

polm":3iphsncx said:
They both look very nice too, though I don't really like the ring around the horn on the race wheel. I think it looks better without. The competition is very nice!
The ring is a separate piece, so you can run with it or without it, with the horn flush with the face of the wheel or sticking out to match the ring.

So many options! :D

I normally make my wheel choice based on what my friends have for sale cheap. :twisted:

-Charlie

polm

Hey guys so I found something interesting: http://www.motamec.com/motamec-rally-st ... tting.html
It looks pretty good, it has the center ring removable and it looks a lot more sturdy than those ebay knock offs. I have never heard of that brand before, but they make FIA certified seats and harnesses and that tells a lot. If their seats and harnesses are good enough for the FIA, their steering wheel has to be somewhat good I guess. It's a lot cheaper than a nardi or a momo but not too cheap that I'm scared of trying it. I think I'll pull the trigger soon and post feedback. There's absolutely nothing on the net about this steering wheel though. What are your thoughts about this?
Thanks!

Il_Barone

Hi!

I'd like to install a Nardi leather steering wheel on my '91 All Trac.

The airbag should be removed or there are hubs that allows me to keep the original airbag?

Thank you :)

Il_Barone

underscore":3nat1jfx said:
How would you mount the airbag to a Nardi wheel?

The correct answer could be: i can't mount the airbag to a Nardi wheel.

But i've never done a steering wheel swap, so i wanted to be sure that i have to remove the airbag.

FC Zach

You'll lose the airbag, no way around it. You'll also loose the cruise control unless you find a way to secure it to the hub.

Il_Barone

FC Zach":3se91z9s said:
You'll lose the airbag, no way around it. You'll also loose the cruise control unless you find a way to secure it to the hub.
Ok, thank you.

Last question: i'll have no problems with the electrical? (error codes ecc..)

Thank you :)

mx6er2587

I believe if you disconnect the airbag ECU and Cruise controller you shouldn't see any warning lights. Can someone else confirm?