98+ 5sfe block

zero06

http://youtu.be/j2zlPNGuPbw

Well I did start this thread and I asked a specific set of questions about the 5s blocks. maybe to put out useful info on something you can't currently find on the forum. There are several threads on Stroke. If the answer is the differences are "minimal" in an engine bay where 3/8" clearance can make a huge difference maybe some light should be set on the subject.

I didn't ask for word of mouth, but for info. Maybe someone has diagrams, pictures, measurements laying around from when they did their project. Once upon a time we had guys here who gave amazing solid info.

And if you want to claim that you are sooper reputable and that you have info but want to "keep it to yourself" (no one is going to believe you or care :bs: ) and you aren't helping the alltrac community or discussion so why post at all.? :shrug:

Seems childish to me.
We're all enthusiasts with an oddball car and little to no aftermarket support. Shouldn't we be supporting each other?

Go ahead flame on, I'll be in the garage fabbing some cool stuff while e-thugs on alltrac.net spit their game

built2run

Okay well ther are several people here who know a lot. And honestly you don't need to be acting the way you are. I'm clarifying things for those who asked. And no swap yet has had a 10mm clearance be the deciding factor yet that has come to me, I don't do projects anymore. I do builds or swaps or both, sorry if your unhappy with things that have been said here on your post but assuming the world is stupid then asking for info is asinine. The difference isn't in external size FYI it's dowel pin placement and bolt hole placement on only a couple little bits. Your fishing for more info than there is. The blocks externally are identical with some dowel pins not there and no provision for oil supply to turbo. That's it. So with that your question should be answered and we can all continue the discussion to make a possible 2.4 3S-GTE

Again this is a forum, meant for discussions.

built2run

So... If we can make a 98mm crank fit with 3S-GTE rods and 3mm higher piston pin boss that would put it at 2384cc, effectively a 2.4. And I do think there is room for 3mm if memory serves.

lumbercis

We do need to try to keep the discussion on topic. If there are other discussions you want to have unrelated to the OP's post please start a new thread.

Also, keep it civil please. :smokes:

Thanks
-The Management

MWP

zero06":1ksu398j said:
Once upon a time we had guys here who gave amazing solid info.

There still are. Us being some of them.
But you shouldn't be surprised if we don't want to help after the way you've talked in here.

Not that it really matters... if you spent some time searching the forum you would find 99% of your questions have already be answered elsewhere.

Hic

U r complicating a bit.

I own an offset grind crank, to 48mm for 3s rods.

Do it is 91+4mm=95mm stroke and I use 87.5mm pistons with compression height of 30mm.
It is easy to calculate, difference in stroke is 11mm, so u need 5.5mm lower compression height.

It gives me 2283cc.

Easy, right ;)

built2run

That and 88mm pistons makes 2311cc

But let's continue this on the other post I made of a possible 2.4 so people don't get upset